Product Owner (12 months)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
This role is a key part of an agile development team focused on customer acquisition and customer support features on Forge, our next-generation digital banking platform. You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients.
As a Product Owner (POs) you'll help manage the product from conception to completion, with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll create a vision that drives success, delivers products & features that meet the clients’ needs, and supports Central 1’s strategic goals.
What you'll do:
Collaborating with everyone from developers and testers, to credit union customers and end users, to senior management, you'll drive prioritization and communicate ideas to enhance a product that is live with 10+ clients and quickly scaling to on board many more.
- Serve as the customer proxy to the agile development teams
- Own, define, and prioritize stories & the backlog, establish acceptance criteria, drive prioritization in the backlog, and obtain customer validation that the product meets customer and program priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Participate in roadmap development of new ideas, and present these concepts for approval to various stakeholders, including customers and internal management
- Collaborate with our Agile teams to actively manage and prioritize the backlog, attend agile ceremonies as a key stakeholder, and drive the product forward
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure alignment across related product & features, validating plans align to customer, program, and business goals
- Engage with end users both directly (face-to-face) and indirectly (user testing & data) to observe and understand end user
- Scope taking into account existing resource constraints and need to create a sustainable platform
- Effectively prioritize new features and product development based on competitive analysis, industry trends, customer feedback, and company vision
You have successfully delivered projects using an Agile methodology, with a background or experience in digital marketing, a keen eye for detail, and strong data-driven decision-making skills.
- 4-6 years of related experience in product management, preferably in financial services, credit unions or banks.
- Experience working in a complex product development environment with Agile software methodology.
- Experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager with software products, strong skills of maintaining and prioritizing a backlog.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and client needs, ability to create a value proposition for the client and the product vision, and apply critical thinking to effectively assess risks and opportunities
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to persuade and lead a squad of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Strong self-starter who can work in a collaborative team environment but isn’t afraid to tell it like it is
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics, A/B testing, and SEO
- Experience in user-centered design and customer journeys
- Experience with Content Management Systems
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Product Manager
Term: Maternity Leave Coverage, 12 months
Date Posted: Feb.14, 2020
Internal Applicants must apply by: Feb. 28, 2020
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**