Product Owner (12 months)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
This role is a key part of an agile development team focused on customer acquisition and customer support features on Forge, our next-generation digital banking platform. You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients.
As a Product Owner (POs) you'll help manage the product from conception to completion, with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll create a vision that drives success, delivers products & features that meet the clients’ needs, and supports Central 1’s strategic goals.
What you'll do:
Collaborating with everyone from developers and testers, to credit union customers and end users, to senior management, you'll drive prioritization and communicate ideas to enhance a product that is live with 10+ clients and quickly scaling to on board many more.
- Serve as the customer proxy to the agile development teams
- Own, define, and prioritize stories & the backlog, establish acceptance criteria, drive prioritization in the backlog, and obtain customer validation that the product meets customer and program priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Participate in roadmap development of new ideas, and present these concepts for approval to various stakeholders, including customers and internal management
- Collaborate with our Agile teams to actively manage and prioritize the backlog, attend agile ceremonies as a key stakeholder, and drive the product forward
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure alignment across related product & features, validating plans align to customer, program, and business goals
- Engage with end users both directly (face-to-face) and indirectly (user testing & data) to observe and understand end user
- Scope taking into account existing resource constraints and need to create a sustainable platform
- Effectively prioritize new features and product development based on competitive analysis, industry trends, customer feedback, and company vision
You have successfully delivered projects using an Agile methodology, with a background or experience in digital marketing, a keen eye for detail, and strong data-driven decision-making skills.
- 4-6 years of related experience in product management, preferably in financial services, credit unions or banks.
- Experience working in a complex product development environment with Agile software methodology.
- Experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager with software products, strong skills of maintaining and prioritizing a backlog.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and client needs, ability to create a value proposition for the client and the product vision, and apply critical thinking to effectively assess risks and opportunities
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to persuade and lead a squad of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Strong self-starter who can work in a collaborative team environment but isn’t afraid to tell it like it is
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics, A/B testing, and SEO
- Experience in user-centered design and customer journeys
- Experience with Content Management Systems
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Product Manager
Term: Maternity Leave Coverage, 12 months
Date Posted: Feb.14, 2020
Internal Applicants must apply by: Feb. 28, 2020
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**