Senior Operations Manager, Client Delivery
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
As a key leader in Central 1 Client Delivery, the Senior Operations Manager will partner with the Director, Client Delivery, Senior Manager Delivery Management Office and our Principal Consultants to bring the full suite of our products, services and support to our clients.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining a highly skilled, capable, motivated team who will work on multiple projects. In a matrix environment, this role will collaborate with internal stakeholders including HR to ensure team members are qualified, trained, and ready for challenging, dynamic assignments. Your expertise with managing people in a consulting environment will enable you to work with the senior Client Delivery team to review work assignments, availability of skills and assess which employees would be best suited to upcoming projects
What you’ll do:
- Directly responsible for the selection and onboarding of new employees to the project team; this applies to opportunities in Vancouver, Mississauga, or remote
- Actively promotes Central 1 externally to attract top quality candidates
- Responsible for HR functions for a large team (employee relations, vacations, leaves, disciplinary issues to Central 1 standards)
- Work directly with the Director, Principal Consultants and the Senior Manager DMO to develop strategies for assessing and attracting the skills needed for current and future projects
- Collaborate with Principal Consultants and Senior Manager DMO to plan for and support upgrading of project team members’ skills
- Updates and maintains the skills inventory for the team, identifying areas of opportunity and putting in place a program to ensure the skillsets are available, mitigating any domain knowledge risks
- Seeks input from Principal Consultants and Senior Manager DMO on each employee’s performance at the half-year mark, holds semi-annual reviews and provides the necessary feedback for performance evaluation and employee growth
- Leads the year-end review cycles for all employees on the CD project team, providing timely feedback to the employee and identifying areas of performance opportunities
- Works with the Director, Client Delivery, Senior Manager DMO and Principal Consultants in generating new goals for the calendar year, and ensures each employee’s goals are customized and agreed-to within the Central 1- specified timeframe
- Working with the Client Delivery Director, Senior Manager DMO, Principal Consultants, creates career roadmap for all employees
Who you are:
- A university degree in computer science, business, or other related discipline with an IT focus.
- 10+ years relevant experience in managing a functional area involving the leadership of employees, planning, managing business and operational performance in accomplishing objectives.
- 8+ years experience in managing a large team
- Business analysis and Project Management work experience. CBAP or PMP designation is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and set clear direction and expectations, keep team members focused on the right priorities, build excellent team relationships in a matrix, and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to delivering on commitments
- Highly developed ability to provide leadership, mentorship and manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
- Financial Services background is preferred, especially in digital, online banking platforms technology services
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting Manager: Director, Client Services Delivery
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Internal Applicants must apply by: January 24, 2020
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1