- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
As a key resource in the Digital Banking and Payment (DPS) department, and focusing on Payment area, the Application Analyst performs a variety of moderately complex functions in software management activities, and conducts significant troubleshooting initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Maintains, modifies, implements and supports a variety of applications on various platforms and provides a superior level of support for the users of the products
- Take full responsibility for the applications by monitoring, coordinating and reporting on all events affecting the applications
- Analyses and solves complex issues or, when required, manages the escalation of issues to the Section Manager
- Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements. Creates problem tickets based on recurring incidents
- Researches and analyses problems tickets, performs changes as required, and implements and follows up to ensure problems are resolved
- Designs, modifies, customizes, implements and troubleshoots existing software, performing considerably complex programming functions, often under pressure
- Coordinates change requests requiring re-configuration or development, liaising with technical teams to ensure completed in accordance with timeline
- Ensures all production updates are completed as scheduled
- Acts as a project resource for Software Management, coordinates and liaises with internal supporting Technical Operations teams as required
- Prepares implementation plan, technical support document, arranging for change/release schedules. Have understanding about the impact to current products and services and work towards to reducing incidents and the impact.
- Assumes the regular and troubleshooting duties of other department members in their absence
- Recommends new or revised systems and processes to improve productivity and efficiency of the application support process.
- Required to participate in 24x7 on call responsibilities
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 3+ years relevant experience in a large-scale IT environment.
- Ability to provide support to project team, client request and client support team about questions or issues including (software/application errors, business requirement clarification, complex issues spanning multiple interconnected areas (software, infrastructure, systems, platform, vendors) and provide day-to-day support across a wide variety of products.
- Experience in IT application support, design, development, and operational processes is required. Experience in Banking and financial industry , especially in Payment and Banking is preferred.
- Experience in operating and supporting Web Based Applications is required
- Experience in Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty) is required
- Experience in monitoring / reporting tools
- Experience in using SQL (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.. ) is required
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems as well as knowledge of AWS
- Experience scripting/development skills (shell, perl, php, java)
- Knowledge in IT management best practices: Problem, Incident, Release and Change Management - ITIL Foundation certification is a nice to have
- Experience in mapping business requirement into a technical requirement
- Experience in networks and firewalls – skillful ability to perform connectivity troubleshooting
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Director, PMO
Date posted: November 8, 2019
Internal applicants please apply by: November 22, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1