Business Technology Integration Analyst and Scrum Master
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Central 1 Treasury Technology is looking for a unique “can do” individual that spans the responsibilities typically associated with:
- Business Analyst – who thinks critically so that work planned, as well as priorities are clear to both business partners and development team members;
- Product Owner - who collaborates with business peers to adjust treasury developed and managed software products in a way that enhances these software product’s supporting the treasury business; and
- Scrum Master – with passion and enthusiasm for coaching teams and prioritizing work using agile best practices.
This role has the overall responsibility to shepherd the Treasury Technology development team to build quality solutions at their fastest pace, without sacrificing the product’ quality.
You are a hands-on problem solver, team player and a good communicator, with the ability to facilitate creativity and empower the team. You will manage a complex portfolio of details that together strategically enhance our software products and business processes.
You are a pro-active and pragmatic individual who is excited to find optimal ways of working with a communication style to engage with business, leadership as well as teams on the ground.
You love challenging problems and cannot sleep until you have figured out why something is not adding up and have thought of practical ways to incrementally improve both the business processes and software. We have and are looking for more of the latter.
In this role you will collaborate with developers and testers, Credit Union customers and end users, and to senior management. Responsible for driving prioritization and communicating ideas to facilitate development and launch of a product that aligns to everyone’s needs.
What you'll do:
- Analyze what is happening from a business process perspective and make recommendations for improvements
- Be the integration bridge between business and technology teams to ensure clear understanding on both sides in a collaborative manner
- Groom and articulate the portfolio of work in sprints and product backlog
- Guide the team on how to use scrum & agile practices / methodologies and facilitates a transparent and adaptive team culture
- Foster close cooperation within the team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other
- Lead agile ceremonies (daily scrum, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, reviews) in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Remove impediments to the team’s success, such as cultural barriers, logistic challenges, or ambiguity in analysis/ acceptance criteria
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
- Ensure that the team’s progress and successes are visible to all stakeholders
- Ensure products evolve in logical, well tested releases
- Perform hands on testing of product to ensure alignment with vision and expectations
- Understand the context of technology sufficiently to problem-solve with development team, ask the right questions, and own product quality and continuous delivery to customer
- Ability to mine data directly in database structures to prove and validate hypotheses
- Experience solving complex problems in the real world
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Ability to understand business vision and engage beyond process e.g. in solution design, customer feedback, testing etc.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to persuade and lead diverse stakeholders
- Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, with perseverance to handle challenging business and technical situations
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, shifting gears and adapting easily to changing priorities and business needs
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Generate an agile mindset in others by own actions
- Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e. a strong mediator
- Experience in creating, maintaining and prioritizing a backlog of user stories
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings, identifying risks/dependencies/impediments, and coordinating resources and handling multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline preferred
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**