Senior Android Developer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
This role is a key part of our digital team working with UX and design experts to create compelling and innovative web and mobile products on Forge — a leading-edge digital platform that will be delivered to an established customer base of couple of million users.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As a mobile application developer you will collaborate with the team to develop Android mobile banking apps in our Agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Mentoring and growing team of developers
- Design and implement the flexible and robust mobile app platform to support hundreds of credit unions
- Tackle challenging technical issues
- Work with external and internal development teams to ensure the app is delivered at a high quality standard
- Be innovative to adopt latest mobile technology to enrich the mobile app to meet business needs
- Previous leadership experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to innovate, adapt and learn from mistakes
- Solid experience in Java, and familiar with Java design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Android app design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Understand Google’s Android UI guidelines
- Familiar with unit testing and automated tests
- Experience with leading, coaching and mentoring teams
- Understanding of software engineering and project management techniques, including Agile delivery and estimating
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: VP, Digital Platforms
Date Posted: August 12, 2019
Internal Applicants please apply by: August 16 , 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*