Treasury Administration Analyst (Financial Instruments) Temporary, Full time up to 7 months.
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Central 1 wants to be the national choice for financial, digital banking, and payment solutions in Canada. Our unique place in the financial services industry enables us to power progress for more than 300 financial institutions from coast to coast to coast. Central 1 has created a collaborative work environment made up of curious and courageous employees passionate about finding the right way forward for clients.
It’s important we succeed, because the banking industry is one where disruption rules and old ways of doing business are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Central 1 is here to keep Canada’s financial marketplace diversified, support Canadians who want a choice when it comes to banking, and do good for the communities we serve.
The Treasury Administration Analyst – Financial Instruments (Contract) performs settlement administration, accounting and reconciliations for financial instruments particularly derivative/foreign exchange transactions. In this role the incumbent ensures that all foreign exchange (non-Client member) and derivative transactions for Central1 and its Client members are properly authorized and the appropriate funds are accurately exchange in a timely manner. Functions include validations, confirmations, payment and reporting. Maintain daily liaison with internal / external stakeholders and deliver remarkable client service with regards to settlement of transactions related to foreign exchange and derivative transactions. In addition, the incumbent will gain subject matter expertise on back office processes, identifying and evaluating areas of opportunity and/or improvement and recommend solutions to facilitate automation, gain operational efficiencies and work with the Manager, Treasury on related projects.
- Responsible for the validation of transactions-Derivatives and Foreign Exchange in the treasury system. Performing validation checks to ensure the workflow processes are followed and payments are made accurately.
- Ensuring that all derivative/foreign exchange transactions are accurately confirmed, executed in writing and use of market tools such as Markit wire, and followed up externally as necessary for filing purposes.
- Reconciling and reporting Central 1’s derivative positions accurately and within deadlines to regulatory trade repository to meet regulatory requirements.
- Providing input as required into the maintenance and revision of Central 1’s policies and procedures.
- Derivative and Foreign Exchange transaction validation & settlements
- Coordinate with stakeholders to facilitate in the automation and assist in gaining efficiencies in transaction workflows without compromising controls.
- Back up and provide peak period support to the Treasury Administration Analyst (CMB Program) and Settlements Officer.
- Providing client support and maintain excellent customer relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with other members of Treasury and/or other Central 1 departments on projects and initiatives.
- Assist manager and project management in workflow process optimization to achieve efficiency gains
- Providing back up and troubleshooting support for various functions in the department.
- Identify, escalate and collaborate on areas of control weakness in order to achieve best business practices.
- Support Central 1 in the development and implementation of quality processes and procedures by driving continuous improvement, applying lean thinking, and collaborating with business partners to achieve best business practices
- Work collaboratively in partnering with stakeholders to facilitate process-centric thinking to continually improve, correct and overcome accuracy, completeness and timeliness of deal tickets as part of a key internal control function.
This position requires a Bachelor of Commerce degree with specialization in either Finance or Accounting, along with at least one years’ financial industry working experience and the completion of the Canadian Securities Course. You must demonstrate a commitment to continuing education, including the completion of technical courses, and the pursuit of CPA/CFA designation. Completion of the designation would be considered an asset. You must have knowledge of databases and MS Excel with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Effective problem solving, planning, organizational and time management skills required. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and co-workers, work to schedules and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Manager, Treasury Administration
Date Posted: August 14, 2019
Internal Applicants must apply by: August 21, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*