Web Developer (Intermediate to Senior) - (Full time temporary - 18 months)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
This role is a key part of the digital team working to create Forge – the first personalized, omnichannel, digital banking experience in North America on a leading-edge platform that will enable credit unions to deepen bonds with their members and make them preferred choice for Canadians.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As a Senior Web Developer you will help us innovate by designing technical solutions and performing complex web development and problem-solving activities enabling capabilities on our Forge platform.
What you’ll do:
- Build applications using AngularJS/Angular while delivering the best user experience possible
- Implement web UIs with near pixel-perfect accuracy while keeping in mind accessibility and usability
- Conduct detailed analysis and write technical documentation to provide recommendations on potential solutions while aligning to the architecture
- Participate in code reviews, mentor and provide technical guidance to more junior staff
- Provide input to web development guidelines, identify areas of reuse and opportunities to improve the development process
- Innovate, adapt and learn from mistakes
- A post-secondary degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience building moderately complex client-side web applications using AngularJS/Angular
- Experience implementing responsive designs and ensuring consistency across different web browsers
- Advanced web development knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Executive, Forge
Grade: E or F
Date Posted: 4/10/2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*