Java Developer (Intermediate to Senior)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
With our continued growth we're always looking for great Java Developers to join us. So who are you?
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As a Java Developer you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, some of our projects include building the next generation of mobile/online banking for hundreds of Credit Unions across Canada. We're an open source environment and we're often using Spring, Spring Cloud Netflix, Kubernetes, Docker, among other in our tech stack.
What you’ll do:
- Write great code
- Understand business/technical issues and find solutions
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Contribute to daily/weekly agile ceremonies
- Design and complete complex software enhancements proficiently with a high level of quality
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff
- A university degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) and 5 years plus relevant experience in software engineering.
- A strong level knowledge of Java and ecosystem, Server-Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency, TCP and experience of web, enterprise application development, tiered application design and microservices
- Knowledge of frameworks/technologies such as JUnit, Mockito, JSON, HTTP, RAML, Spring (Boot, Test, Cloud, Auth), Hibernate/JPA, MySQL.
- Knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration systems (Git, Bamboo, Sonar, Jenkins).
- Skills to dig into hard technical problems and large/complex codebases without getting stuck.
- Some knowledge and experience with client-side development of web and mobile applications
- Familiar with agile/scrum software development methodology.
- Willing to ask/pull people for information and help
- Bring a sense of humor
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves.
Our total rewards package goes beyond what goes into your credit union account. We have a comprehensive compensation structure consisting of a competitive base salary and individual and company-wide annual incentive, matched contributions for your RRSP and a top-notch benefits plan.
Beyond the numbers, we think about you as a person, offering work-life flexibility, an on-site gym, career development opportunities and a day off to volunteer in your community.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: June 18, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*