- Vancouver, BC, Canada
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting over 100 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for developing and enforcing overall technical architecture and enterprise IT standards. Working closely with business stakeholders, the enterprise architect is expected to drive the overall technology evolution for an organization (or a business unit) and ensure tight linkage between the business and technology direction. They are expected to engage regularly with the business to understand the current business challenges and future business needs. Enterprise architects align enterprise / business goals and capabilities with solutions. Beyond overseeing the work of solution and infrastructure architects, enterprise architects can and should “get their hands dirty” to ensure solutions work in critical production environments. They should be able to:
- Working with business and IT stakeholders, define comprehensive technical standards and target architecture roadmaps for key technologies (infrastructure, application layers) to ensuring product assessment can be completed in advance of project needs; regulatory refresh
- Develop architecture governance framework and lead the process to ensure compliance and adherence to architectural standards.
- Communicate enterprise objectives and transformation roadmaps with business stakeholders, infrastructure, applications, solutions, and business leaders
- Integrate strategic guidelines into project implementation
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Establishes oversight of the de-centralized architecture team members including solutions architects, infrastructure architects, and developers to ensure corporate alignment. This includes leading an EA review board and ensures that the solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Manages exceptions to architectural standards at an enterprise level.
- Works with senior leadership to approve allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
- Minimum of 5+ years as an architect (enterprise, solution, infrastructure)
- Minimum of 10+ years in various IT disciplines such as data engineering, infrastructure engineer, data science, software engineering experience, full stack software engineer.
- Minimum 2+ years in IT leadership role which regularly works with senior business stakeholders.
- Experience in Service Enabled Architectures
- Ability to diagnose operational problems in technical domain
- Ability to design solutions within technical domain
- Ability to create broad architectural vision
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Understanding of data architecture and integration architecture
- Experience in working in a mixed environment with on premises, SaaS, PaaS and cloud components.
- management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes – on premise and cloud
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Excellent communications to articulate EA design to multiple levels of the business and IT organization,
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
- Being able to demonstrate/incubate solutions in practice is highly desirable
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Chief Transformation and Legal Officer/VP< Information Technology
Date reposted: April 10, 2019
Internal Applicants must apply by: April 19, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**