- Vancouver, BC, Canada
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting over 100 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The solutions architect will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing software solutions to address complex business problems within the digital banking platform. The incumbent is actively engaged in the development process and provide key insights in a highly collaborative workplace including developing standards, tools and best practices for the design, development and management of the platform. This role also provides senior level troubleshooting of complex application incidents and system disruptions, and reviews solutions for complex application change requests. In addition, this role mentors others and provides technical advice and direction.
- Be a key innovator of a digital banking platform that serves hundreds of Credit Unions
- Execute on key architectural decisions that define the future of Central 1’s technology vision
- Align technical approaches across the engineering teams; In conjunction with others maintains the application’s architecture, and a roadmap for projects that evolve toward the target.
- Design multi-dimensional and significantly complex applications; conducts full review of costs, benefits, risks and implications taking into consideration numerous variables, and recommends effective solutions.
- Coach, mentor and enable developers, testers and DevOps regarding the resolution of complex technical matters, new technologies and best practices
- Work closely with Product and Development teams while building solutions; reviews solutions recommended by Developers or others for complex application change requests, ensuring they meet technical standards and specifications
- Works with diverse stakeholder groups within and beyond Central 1 to ensure all their needs are met by the solution including managing relationships with external technology and across the Credit Union system and with other Central 1 clients
University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 8 plus years relevant experience in a large scale IT environment.
Extensive technical knowledge and depth in infrastructure, software architecture, databases and agile product development; Advanced expertise in best practices related to application design, configuration and maintenance, system administration and documentation.
Strong experience with SaaS platforms that run on a multi-tenant architecture
Ability to influence, mentor and provide technical leadership across the organization, with specific emphasis to developers, testers and DevOps of all levels
Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a collaborative and effective workplace
Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude including ability to work under pressure and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Grade: H
Date Posted: January 10, 2019
Internal applicants must apply by January 17, 2019
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*