Product Owner/Senior Business Analyst - UX Platform Program
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
Central 1 is looking for a Product Owner (PO) who will manage the product from conception to completion, with both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Product Owner in our UXP Transformation Program, your work will direclty support Central 1's initiative to revolutionize the digital banking experience for Canadians, coast to coast. The Product Owner is responsible for creating a vision that drives success, delivers products & features that meet the clients’ needs, and supports Central 1’s strategic goals. This role collaborates with everyone from developers and testers, to credit union customers and end users, to senior management, so is responsible for driving prioritization and communicating ideas to facilitate development and launch of a product that aligns to everyone’s needs.
- Serve as the customer proxy to the agile development teams
- Own, define, and prioritize stories & the backlog, establish acceptance criteria, drive prioritization in the backlog, and obtain customer validation that the product meets customer and program priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Participate in roadmap development of new ideas, and present these concepts for approval to various stakeholders, including customers and internal managemen
- Collaborate with our Agile teams to actively manage and prioritize the backlog, attend agile ceremonies as a key stakeholder, and drive the product forward
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure alignment across related product & features, validating plans align to customer, program, and business goals
- Engage with end users both directly (face-to-face) and indirectly (user testing & data) to observe and understand end user needs
- Scope the MVP taking into account existing resource constraints and sustained development of the product
- Effectively prioritizes new feature and product development based on competitive analysis, industry trends, customer feedback, and company vision
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4-6 years of related experience in product and project management in financial services, credit unions or banks
- Experience working in a complex product development environment with Agile software methodology
- Experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager with software products, strong skills of maintaining and prioritizing a backlog
- Deep understanding of industry trends and client needs, ability to create a value proposition for the client and the product vision, and apply critical thinking to effectively assess risks and opportunities
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and leadership skills, ability to persuade and lead a squad of diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Strong self-starter who can work in a collaborative team environment but isn’t afraid to tell it like it is
- Passion for innovation and “can do” attitude
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Product Manager- UXP
Date Posted: July 12, 2018
Internal applicants must apply by July 19, 2018
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*