Member and External Communications Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Member and External Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a range of Central 1’s client-focused communication activities through proactive, organized, reliable and coordinated communication to improve member satisfaction, revenue channels while strengthening Central 1’s overall organizational reputation.
Reporting to the Director, Member and External Communications, the individual in this role will initiate and implement specific communications projects that support Central 1’s strategic and business plan, support relationship management with member credit unions, provide counsel and guidance to the larger Member and External Communications team, provide project support to both internal Central 1 departments and credit union clients. This is a key role in the department and will act as a Member and External Communications lead in the absence of the Director, Member and External Communications.
You’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and managing best-in-class client-focused strategies, key messages, tactics, metrics that enhance engagement, increase profile of both Central 1 and its member credit unions, and drive business priorities and strategic objectives
- Leading specific external communications projects and strategic planning projects as part of the larger communications team, and in terms of individual credit union engagement (fee for service contracts) or key corporate initiatives.
- Working with clients and internal teams to increase knowledge, awareness and membership in the credit union system.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of communications best practices and adopt for use when appropriate.
- Leading the crisis communications plan and processes to ensure effective and efficient response to potential issues
- Supporting Central 1’s community relations program
- Assisting with the management of client-facing events
- Taking a leadership role to identify issues with communications processes and making improvements
- Developing and maintaining communications materials, including positioning statements and messaging, executive overviews, press releases, memos, updates, summaries, templates, scripts, website content, etc.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Central 1 products and services
- Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central 1’s business and strategic goals
The successful candidate will have a university degree in Communications or Public Relations or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of six years communications experience, including at least three years in client-facing strategic communications, preferably at an agency or within a corporate environment as part of a communications team. Demonstrated experience with strategic communications planning for complex organizations with multiple stakeholders is essential.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational and change management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, manage issues and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Excellent customer service, client management and leadership skills. Strong business acumen.
- Proven critical thinking and decision making skills as the scope is broad and the potential for major impact to reputation is extensive.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent writing including ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfil specific purposes for a variety of B2B and B2C audiences.
- Exceptional awareness and use of social media tools and metrics including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Hootsuite
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, web back-end systems such as HTML, WordPress, Constant Contact, and good working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Photoshop.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Director, Member and External Communications
Date Posted: August 11, 2017
Internal Applicants must apply by: August 18, 2017
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*