Patient Care Assistant - Full-time - Endoscopy (Troy & Macomb)
- 4600 Investment Dr, Troy, MI 48098, USA
The physicians and staff of the Center for Digestive Health specialize in gastroenterology, which covers all aspects of the digestive system. Our specialty includes diagnostic endoscopic procedures and ultrasounds, liver disease studies, reflux diagnosis and management, and motility studies.
We are dedicated to conducting the highest quality of clinical research, while offering to our patients an option to participate in some of the nation's leading and innovative gastrointestinal research studies.
- Escorts patient to pre-op area
- Obtains vital signs
- Obtains urine specimen, when indicated
- Obtains initial information re: driver, NPO status and prep results
- Terminally cleans pre-op rooms at end of the day
- Restocks area as needed
In Recovery Room
- Meets patient in their recovery slot and obtains family member/driver
- Escorts patients to their vehicles after discharge from the center (ambulatory or via wheelchair)
- Cleans stretchers and patient recovery room slots
- Empties/replaces linen bags as needed
- Restocks patient nourishment refrigerator
- Communicates information between recovery and pre-op nurses, as needed
- Maintains stock level of all educational material, as needed
- Maintains stock level of lab/testing requisitions
- Maintains stock levels of linen
Must be able to:
- Walk for extended periods of time
- Withstand frequent position changes
- Lift, bend, stoop and reach frequently
- Carry linen packs and cases of juice to designated area(s)
- Push stretchers and wheelchairs (patients 350 lbs or less)
- Performs other duties as directed by the Clinical Coordinator and/or Registered Nurse
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in the medical field, preferred
- Current CPR certification
The ideal candidate:
- Has good communication skills (written and oral)
- Is an active listener who can respond to fellow employees/customers in a timely, competent manner
- Is always friendly and courteous
- Is able to distinguish emergency patient situations
- Presents a professional, caring image
- Is able to adapt and work independently and efficiently under pressure, with multiple interruptions and with a high degree of accuracy
- Sets priorities and demonstrates good judgment
- Exercises discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential information ( complies with HIPAA privacy rules)
- Meets organizational dress code
- Documents designated information into the gloEMR
In accordance with HIPAA, this position must maintain the confidentiality of the patient in all circumstances as well as company confidentiality. Ensures the confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained.
This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.