- Macomb Township, MI
The physicians and staff of the Center for Digestive Health specialize in gastroenterology, which covers all aspects of the digestive system. Our specialty includes diagnostic endoscopic procedures and ultrasounds, liver disease studies, reflux diagnosis and management, and motility studies.
We are dedicated to conducting the highest quality of clinical research, while offering to our patients an option to participate in some of the nation's leading and innovative gastrointestinal research studies.
• Has good communication skills (oral and written)
• An active listener who can respond to fellow employees/customers in a timely, competent manner
• Is always friendly and courteous
• Able to distinguish emergency patient situations
• Presents a professional, caring image
• Able to adapt and work independently and efficiently under pressure, with multiple interruptions and with a high degree of accuracy
• Sets priorities and demonstrates good judgment
• Exercises discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential information (complies with HIPAA privacy rules)
• Meets organizational dress code
• Maintains a smooth patient flow
• Answers the telephone, triages calls appropriately and takes messages when needed
• Schedules patient appointments
• Obtains and verifies patient demographic and financial information
• Answers questions as able, referring clinical questions to RNs or Clinical Coordinator
• Enters/verifies patient information in the computer system
• Completes all necessary insurance information
• Scans any hard copy forms into the gloEMR system.
• Processes and prepares the outgoing mail
• Performs bookkeeping tasks and/or assists as required with authorizations
• Schedules follow-up appointments, outpatient procedures and tests and makes referrals to physicians as necessary
• Requests medical records/reports from referring physicians
• Confirms patient procedure appointments
• Mails/faxes prep brochures and other materials to patients as necessary
• Must be able to:
- Withstand frequent sitting for extended periods of time
- Withstand frequent changes in position
- Occasionally lift, bend, stoop and reach
• Performs other duties as directed by the physicians, Clinical Coordinator and/or RN’s
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT and ICD-9 coding
• Previous front office experience in a medical practice environment, preferred
• Computer skills
• Current CPR certification
In accordance with HIPAA, this position must maintain the confidentiality of the patient in all circumstances as well as company confidentiality. Ensures the confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained.
This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.