Director, Finance and Accounting - (#359)
- 465 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
We are in the market for qualified candidates for the position of Director, Finance and Accounting. In this critical, and hands-on role you'll direct FCDI’s accounting and finance functions, to include but not limited to maintaining fiscal records, establishing, and maintaining budgetary controls and procedures, financial infrastructure, and preparing financial reports for FCDI in compliance with FUJIFILM’s reporting requirements and operating procedures. Build and sustain a robust financial operation and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Design, communicate, and manage all financial reporting processes. Serve as a partner to all functional leaders and Sr. Management to support strategic decisions and growth. Develop robust analytics, best-in-class FP&A processes, and critical insights to drive strategic business decisions.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership and oversight of accounting operations, financial systems, and monthly close process
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results and reporting in strict accordance with GAAP.
- Drive robust financial analytics, coupled with business insights, on potential new therapeutic, CDMO, new product development programs and associated stage gates.
- Manage the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, and work with department heads to align goals
- Oversee and provide hands-on support to the day-to-day accounting operations including profit and loss activity, customers-accounts receivable, vendors-accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, and maintaining accounting systems through SAP
- Coordinate with external tax department to prepare state and federal tax returns as required
- Review draft contracts/agreements and provide feedback on terms that may impact taxes and other financial areas such as revenue recognition
- Manage the annual audit serving as the point-person with independent auditors
- Drive continuous improvement of financial tools and financial accounting processes that can scale with the company's growth
- Bring a proactive energy and deep sense of ownership, teamwork, and initiative to a fast-paced environment with sometimes ambiguous situations
- Select, develop, motivate, train, and retain a capable staff of finance and accounting professionals.
- Collaborate with leadership to continually assess organizational performance against annual budget, company strategic goals and profitability objectives.
- Counsel the company on fiscal control and profitability; present and interpret the financial results for managers and leaders building financial aptitude company-wide.
- Develop and maintain financial tools, models, and reports to consolidate data from a variety of sources, ensuring accuracy and transparency with department leaders.
- Lead the financial planning processes with strategic insights on tradeoff decisions that align to the broader finance and company-based metrics and growth goals.
- Provide advanced subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance-related decisions considering scope and level of business complexity.
- Manage the development of highly complex and intricate financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations, and performance measures to provide confidence to Sr. Management regarding financial decisions for FCDI
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA and/or advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant finance and accounting management and leadership experience with increasing responsibilities, strong preference in biotech/pharma, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
- Experience with both a private and public biotech/pharma company preferred
- Financial leadership experience, including the building and leading of teams
- Exceptional MS Office suite of products skills, especially Excel
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ERP systems, preferably experience with SAP
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Collaborative workstyle focused on building long-term, lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Travel up to 10%
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.