Executive Director, Commercial Market Development - (#338)
- 465 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamic, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for an Executive Director, Commercial Market Development. In this newly created role qualified candidates will lead the commercial market development teams to include but not limited to product development, branding, integrated marketing, market growth, commercial operations and support, and sustained revenue generation. The impact to our success will be substantial as you will build and sustain collaborative and cross-functional capabilities to support the business today and into the future while leveraging resources across Fujifilm’s Life Science global footprint.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive FCDI’s commercial capabilities and deployment roadmap which influences integrated cross-functional product strategies and related supporting functional capabilities and plans.
- Deliver exceptional and up-to-date market knowledge, intelligence and customer preference trends plus requirements needed to support marketing and competitive strategies.
- Develop and coordinate with internal partners innovative marketing, educational, and communication platforms and content.
- Devise strategies for the marketing and development of FCDI’s products/technologies, while managing and converting into tactical and actionable projects, and sustained initiatives.
- Drive FCDI branding to include product “voice” and brand consistency in all marketing and trade-related communications/materials.
- Conduct quantitatively driven product portfolio reviews, competitor analysis, and customer needs assessments, and recommend product/technology development opportunities.
- Support the product development process by working closely with R&D providing market data, trends and analysis.
- Direct overall planning and implementation of scientific meetings and conferences in coordination with Fujifilm Life Science partners.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of revenue forecasts for all product groups to enable efficient manufacturing scheduling and capacity planning.
- Set product pricing based on market positioning and sales and profit targets.
- Coordinate with partnered sales organization – the voice of the customer and contribute to strategies and tactics to successfully drive new customers, build customer loyalty and insure the business achieves customer requirements and revenue targets.
- Oversee new product and service innovations and manage new projects and opportunities through the company’s innovation process.
- Actively engage and coordinate with the strategic office to support external partnerships and to assist in the development of opportunistic strategies and tactics.
- Develop marketing campaigns and measure the progress and adjust based on ROI metrics and analysis.
- Facilitate effective utilization and coordination across the company’s CRM platforms.
- Select, develop, train, motivate and retain and competent staff of product development, marketing operations, and commercial systems support professionals.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or related field.
- 10 years of proven and relevant product and life science commercial and marketing management experience, working in a matrixed and cross-functional operating environment with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
- Results-oriented with excellent leadership, business acumen, communication, both verbal and written, and collaboration skills focusing on sales strategy and planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency with brand strategy and product launches.
- Strong technical background in pharmaceutical development process, and drug discovery and development.
- Strong technical and commercial grasp of iPSC product applications and related technologies in relevant research areas.
- In depth knowledge of competitor’s product ranges, pricing system and marketing activities.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently; strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several large complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent customer-oriented skills in technical support and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and develop action plans.
- A proven ability to mobilize individuals with diverse perspectives and functional talents to drive team objectives and goals.
- Strong leadership skills within cross functional teams; a demonstrated leader through influence.
- Travel – international – 15%
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.