Laboratory Technician (#322)
- 504 S Rosa Rd, Madison, WI 53719, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc is recruiting for a laboratory technician to work in our cell manufacturing and research facility in Madison, WI. This role provides an outstanding opportunity for a dedicated and responsible individual to contribute to maintaining and improving the operations in our facility. Ideal candidates can demonstrate a track record of self-motivation, strong organizational skills, and dedication to their work.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide lab support for scientific personnel and overall operations.
- Place orders, maintain inventory, and stock laboratory supplies. Work with laboratory staff to maintain and mature organizational structure.
- Organize and put away daily shipments consistent with inventory management, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance on equipment as specified, including minor repairs and cleaning.
- Prepare bio-hazardous waste for disposal.
- Assist and coordinate activities and supplies across multiple laboratories and sites, as required.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Associate's degree in relevant science discipline, or high school diploma plus two years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Occasional weekend work may be required
- Ability to occasionally lift fifty pounds
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work on weekends, as required
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.