Laboratory Technician (#322)
- 525 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a laboratory technician. This role provides an outstanding opportunity for talented and self-motivated individuals working with our R&D teams. Ideal candidates will have exposure to cell culturing and will be interested in advancing their career to support our ongoing efforts to generate differentiated cell types from human induced pluripotent stem cells. We are most interested in connecting with qualified individuals who aspire to support the development of therapeutics and life science products and tools to support research endeavors. In return we provide development and support to enhance your career development in the field of cutting edge iPSC technology.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide lab support for scientific personnel and overall operations.
- Place orders, maintain inventory, and stock supplies.
- Organize and put away daily shipments consistent with inventory management, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance on equipment as specified, including minor repairs and cleaning.
- Autoclave, neutralize, or otherwise prepare bio-hazardous waste for disposal.
- Wash, prepare and maintain a ready supply of consumables such as micro-tubes, pipette tips, Pasteur pipettes, and plates.
- Prepare reagent solutions.
- Assist and coordinate activities and supplies across multiple laboratories and sites, as required.
- Assist with weekend cell feeding, as needed.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or other related science, or associate degree plus two years of relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Cell culture experience
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to work on weekends, as required
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.