Scientist - Neural Products (#318)
- 525 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a creative and motivated scientist with diverse experiences and interests in molecular and cellular biology. The successful applicant will have a strong scientific background and proven accomplishments in the use of human pluripotent stem cells and their derivatives to model neural applications for products and services. Qualified individuals need to be inspired to support the development of life science products and tools to support research endeavors . We aspire to improve the quality of life through our efforts. In return we provide development and support to enhance your career using cutting edge iPSC technology.
In this role you'll be responsible for the following:
- Develop robust differentiation and characterization methods for human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cell types, working with project teams.
- Optimize processes and develop assays for iPSC-derived cells from multiple donors.
- Design and execute on experimental plans to achieve project goals within a given time constraint.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the non-cGMP manufacturing group.
- Communicate experimental results to the project team(s).
- Other job functions as assigned
- PhD in stem cell biology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering or a closely related field, or Master’s in comparable field plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Up to 1 year of additional and relevant experience in stem cell biology and neurobiology in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO supporting drug research and development, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in human ESC or human iPSC culture, including experience differentiating pluripotent stem cells (experience with neural differentiation is desirable)
- Demonstrate proficiency with cell culture, flow cytometry, and molecular biology methods.
- Independent experimental design and execution
- Demonstrated work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, and intellectual curiosity to new technical skills.
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills, and proficiency working independently and as part of a team.
- Some weekend work is required
- Able to work at computer for extended periods of time
- Able to work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time
- Able to work with hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, electrical equipment and human tissue) without endangering oneself or others
- Able to wear standard laboratory PPE
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.