Research Specialist (#307) - Multiple Positions
- 525 Science Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for mulitiple Research Specialist positions to staff openings in our immune cell therapy, Parkinson's, and ocular cell therapy development programs.. These positions require a self-motivated individual with experience in (stem) cell biology, immunology, and/or molecular biology, who can contribute to our ongoing efforts to generate differentiated cell types from human induced pluripotent stem cells. Qualifed individuals need to be inspired to support the development of therapuetics and/or life science products and tools to support reasearch endeavors . We aspire to improve the quality of life through our efforts. In return we provide development and support to enhance your career using cutting edge iPSC technology.
In these role you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with project team to develop robust cGMP-compatible differentiation, purification and characterization methods for human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cell types.
- Process optimization for pre-clinical and clinical manufacturing of iPSC-derived cells.
- Design, execute, optimize and analyze experiments to achieve project goals within a given time constraint.
- Write protocols, technical reports, and SOPs, and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing and Quality Control groups.
- Effectively communicate experimental results to the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree in stem cell biology, cell biology, developmental biology, immunology, biomedical engineering or a closely related scientific field is required.
- Two years post degree laboratory experience and industry experience with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capability with cell culture, flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology methods. Stem cell culture experience is extremely desirable.
- Self-motivated with a sound work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, intellectual curiosity and a desire to acquire new technical skills.
- Flexibility to change project objectives quickly and enthusiastically.
- Proficient in written and oral communication, as well as the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.