Occupational Therapist - In Home, Aged Care
- Waterloo, NSW, Australia
Occupational Therapist - In Home Aged Care
- Based in Waterloo - Servicing clients throughout Southern Sydney
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity
- Join a not-for-profit, values-based organisation
- Leading Aged Care Provider offering job security and stability
Exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our Home and Community Services team on a Full Time permanent basis. This role will be responsible for the delivery of individual home assessments as well as facilitation of a range of Health and Wellness and Falls Prevention Programs.
Your ability to work autonomously coupled with your passion for quality Aged Care and supporting the independence of those in the community, will aid your success in this position.
Your role will include visiting clients in their homes, providing comprehensive Occupational Therapy (OT) assessments and interventions that promote health, wellness and independence whilst you facilitate their ability to continue living safely in the community.
Primarily servicing clients in South East Sydney, Inner West & Southern suburbs, with occasion travel to South West Sydney and Nepean.
To be considered;
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge of chronic disease management approaches
- Commitment and enthusiastic approach towards working with the clients, families, carers and advocates.
- Experience in equipment prescription, pressure care, home modifications and falls prevention for older adults
- Industry knowledge of local and international wellness and reablement models of care
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of health, aged and/or disability services, primarily My Aged Care- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and Home Care Packages - highly desirable
- Experience working in a community setting and demonstrated knowledge of the aged and disability service system in the community health sector.
- Current Drivers Licence and registered and insured motor vehicle.
- Evidence of Covid 19 and Flu Vaccination will be required
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of 4,000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping our customers live life to its fullest every day.
Why you'll love working with us;
- Permanent Full Time role based in Waterloo
- Opportunity to take on an exciting role with an existing caseload
- Build a career with a successful and leading values-based organisation
- Be part of a supportive and inclusive 'people first' culture
- NFP Salary packaging opportunities and other benefits
- Comprehensive induction & KM's reimbursed
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Apply Online
Please note that pre-employment checks (including police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we’re looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance, we’ll be in touch.