Recreational Activities Officer
- Hunters Hill NSW 2110, Australia
- Hunters Hill NSW location
- Permanent Part time Opportunity - 25 hours per week
- Join a purpose driven, aged care services organisation
Make a difference through providing high quality personalised care to our valued aged care residents at St Anne's & St Joseph, Hunters Hill.
Reporting to the Residential Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of specialised activity programs and social activities to promote the psychological, social and physical wellbeing of our residents. You will understand the importance of respect, trust and empathy and have the skills to empower Residents to make choices and decisions to help them live their best life.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous experience working within an aged care environment
- Demonstrated experience and a genuine desire to support and engage with Residents living with mental health and/or dementia;
- Experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating lifestyle programs
- A strong work ethic along with a sense of fun
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain on employment
- Must be able to provide evidence of a recent Flu vaccination.
A Certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure, or a desire to undertake same, will be looked upon favourably.
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of around 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping our customers to live life to its fullest every day.
So, if you're looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we'd love to hear from you. Apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we're looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we'll be in touch.