Recreational Activities Officer
- Wagga Wagga NSW 2650, Australia
- Permanent Part time position – up to 30 hours per week available
- Wagga Wagga NSW
- Rewarding work
Reporting to the Residential Manager of The Haven, you will be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of specialised activity programs and social activities to promote the psychological, social and physical wellbeing of our residents. You will understand the importance of respect, trust and empathy and have the skills to empower Residents to make choices and decisions to help them live their best life.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous experience working within an aged care environment
- Demonstrated experience and a genuine desire to support and engage with Residents living with mental health and/or dementia;
- Experience in planning, coordinating and evaluating lifestyle programs
- A strong work ethic along with a sense of fun
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain on employment
- Must be able to provide evidence of 2020 Flu vaccination.
A Certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure, or a desire to undertake same, will be looked upon favourably.
Catholic Healthcare is a leading not-for-profit provider of residential aged care, home and community services, retirement living and healthcare across NSW and SE QLD. Together, our team of over 4000 people are dedicated to our Mission of helping the people that we serve to live life to its fullest every day.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- An opportunity to build a career with a successful growing values-based organisation;
- Be part of a supportive and inclusive ‘people first’ culture; and
- Great salary packaging opportunities and other benefits.
So, if you’re looking for a role where you can make a positive & rewarding impact in a great organisation like ours, then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply online now.
Please note that pre-employment checks (including Police) will be completed for all preferred candidates before an Offer is made.
Hello Recruitment Agencies, thanks for thinking of us. Right now, we’re looking to fill this opportunity directly so if we do need your assistance we’ll be in touch.