- Pack Ln, Basingstoke, UK
- Service type: MAT School
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade D
- Department: The Coppice Spring Academy
- Pay zone: Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Term time only – full time – fixed term
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Coppice Spring Academy is a social, emotional and mental health school which offers full time education and therapeutic support to 80 children aged 10 to 16 years old. Pupils will be referred to the school by the local authority as part of their duties to arrange SEN provision.
At Catch22, the term 'Advocate' can mean many different things. For this role, we are looking specifically for an interventions co-ordinator.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
- Leading and co-ordinating Literacy and Numeracy Interventions with individual or small groups of students
- Developing learning plans to support teaching staff
- Creating display boards and co-ordinate theme days (e.g. online safety)
- Liaise with external providers (Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists etc) do implement strategies with individual students
- Act as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (training provided)
- Classroom support where appropriate
- Level 2 English and Maths is essential.
You will need to have a track record of assessing a range of complex family situations and putting effective strategies in place. You’ll need a proven understanding of social inclusion, behavioural management techniques, influences on children and young people, and theories relating to childcare and child development.
- Extensive behaviour management with students who have complex needs and extreme behaviour.
- Able to build sustainable relationships with young people and their families, both formally and informally.
- Working with a range of issues affecting young people and their families, such as substance misuse, domestic violence, multiple exclusions, offending behaviour.
- Managing complex cases ranging from level 2-4 on the continuum of need.
- Adhering to Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- An understanding of basic literacy and numeracy pedagogy.
Contract: Full Time (Term-Time Only), Fixed Term until 31/08/2022
Hours: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary: £20,319 to £27,939 per annum (FTE) (dependant on experience).
Start Date: As soon as possible, subject to clearances.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Working Conditions include:
- Working with children 11 – 16 years old
- Children with special needs and/or who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Verbal abuse and/or aggression
- Physical Behaviour Management Techniques
- Lone Working.
See the benefits of working for Catch22 here.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.