- Pack Ln, Basingstoke, UK
- Service type: MAT School
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade C
- Department: The Coppice Spring Academy
- Pay zone: Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Term time only – full time – permanent
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Coppice Spring Academy is a social, emotional and mental health school which offers full time education and therapeutic support to 70 children aged 11 to 16 years old. Pupils will be referred to the school by the local authority as part of their duties to arrange SEN provision.
We expect every member of the team to work collaboratively and flexibly, but you will have specific accountabilities, such as:
- Working with individuals and groups of students, ensuring students are kept on task and complete activities set by the teacher.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher.
- Delivering SEND interventions.
- Providing individual student and group counselling as required.
- Carrying out a specific specialist responsibility (e.g. speech therapy) and supporting other staff in the school when help is needed in this area.
- Briefing and supporting new staff (including teachers) on the stage of development of students.
Level 2 English and Maths.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High expectations of students’ behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging students.
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately.
- Working independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual students.
- Ability to work with challenging students, understand their needs and demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies as and when required.
- Experience of teaching children with EAL, SEN, speech and languages difficulties or other complex needs.
- Able to establish and maintain good relationships and rapport with internal colleagues and external contacts (e.g. parents, education phycologists).
Salary: Zone 3 Grade C £15,969.19 per annum pro-rata (£18,823.62 FTE)
Contract: Term time only (39 weeks per year) – full time (37 hours per week) – permanent.
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
See the benefits of working for Catch22 here.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.