- Shakespeare Rd, Basingstoke, UK
- Service type: MAT School
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade C
- Department: The Austen Academy
- Pay zone: Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Term time only – full time – permanent
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Austen Academy is a Special Free school which will offer full time education and therapeutic support to 128 children aged 5 to 16 years old with autism / Social communication needs. Pupils will be referred to the school by the local authority as part of their duties to arrange SEN provision.
The Austen Academy is looking for someone to fulfil the receptionist role and provide efficient and effective administrative support for the school to ensure the admin team works efficiently.
Main Duties & Accountabilities may include:
- Undertake general reception duties including responding to routine enquiries by telephone, post, e-mail and in person; keeping diary of appointments, greeting and signing in visitors, sorting and distributing post.
- Assist with pupil welfare by liaising with parents and staff, passing on messages e.g. absence and illness, arrangements for collecting pupils.
- Assist with arrangements for visitors to the school, for example make appointments for parents, medical and pupil support professionals, photographer, Local Authority etc.
Support for the School
- Maintain and ensure the school’s website is fully compliant and contains the latest school information.
- Update the digital signage to ensure it is relevant and time specific.
- Design and edit the school’s weekly newsletter and distribute
- Provide general clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, e-mailing, completing routine forms and responding to routine correspondence.
- Produce lists, information and data as requested.
- Ensure SIMs pupil data is entered timely and accurately.
- Undertake typing and other IT based tasks including the production of letters, minutes of meetings e.g. staff meetings, reports, and spreadsheets as requested.
- Provide personal, administrative and organisational support to other staff.
- Undertake administration of specific procedures, as requested by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Administration of new arrivals, including liaising with the previous school’s administrative team to ensure timely transfer of ctf files.
- Administration of staff CPD including maintaining the CPD file and spreadsheet.
- Administration of recruitment including the placing of adverts, producing application packs, arranging tours and interviews, sending letters and references.
- Responsible for maintaining the Parentmail system.
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
5 GCSE’s with a minimum grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or equivalent qualifications
- Working within an education setting
- School or Business administration
- General finance experience (book-keeping, managing budgets, using PS financials)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Empathizing with young people with challenging behaviour
Contract: Full time (37 hours per week), permanent, Term Time Only (41 weeks per year)
Salary: £17,942.40 - £18,985.00 per annum (FTE) subject to experience
Closing Date: 1st November
Start Date: ASAP, subject to clearances
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
See the benefits of working for Catch22 here.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.