Caseworker - Victims
- St Johns, Leicester LE19, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Service type: Victim services
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade C
- Department: Social justice
- Pay zone: Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Full time - fixed term
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career.
In Justice, we work with young people and adults in custody and in the community, providing a range of services including offender management and resettlement, veterans in custody, victim services, gangs work and youth justice.
Commissioned by Leicestershire Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), Victim First is a free and confidential service available to all victims and witnesses of crime across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. The service supports victims and witnesses to be resilient and in doing so are less likely to be re-victimised; empowered to cope and recover from crime and anti-social behaviour by timely and effective victim-centred support from local services, families and communities.
You will be providing support to victims of crime across Leicestershire, through a caseworker approach, becoming the primary named contact throughout the Victim’s journey.
You will also be accessing interventions that meet the different and complex needs of victims and motivating and supporting people to cope and recover from difficult events in their lives. The intensity and frequency of contact with your case load will be assessed to meet the individual risks and needs. Some meetings will take place out of the office, in people’s homes and the community by agreement.
As a Caseworker, your main accountabilities will include:
- Coordinating, monitoring, reviewing and delivering a joined up service for Victim First by becoming the primary named contact throughout the victim's journey.
- Building and sustaining high-quality relationships with victims through an offer of practical and emotional support that wins confidence and trust.
- Informing, consulting and empowering victims to feel supported through the delivery of an agreed and tailored package of support that meets specific risks and needs.
- Accessing interventions that meet the different and complex needs of victims.
- Motivating and supporting people to cope and recover from difficult events in their lives.
Click here for the Job Description
Qualification relevant to working with under supported people.
To be successful as a Caseworker, you will need:
- Experience of working with highly vulnerable people
- Listening and Communication Skills
- The ability to work with a variety of data management systems and information sources, maintaining coordination of progress with individual cases within a high volume service.
- To contribute to on-going assessments of the support needs of people and to provide appropriate advice and support to them.
- The ability to demonstrate professional empathy with those suffering discrimination and disadvantage
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Fixed term until 31st July 2023
Caseworkers will need to be available to work between 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 8pm on Wednesdays. There is shift based rota.
This role is subject to an enhamced Disclousre and Barring Service (DBS) Check and Enhanced Police Vetting.
Unless specified interviews may be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is encouraged.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.