Teacher - English
- Pack Ln, Basingstoke, UK
- Service type: MAT School
- Pay scale: MAT Teacher
- Department: The Coppice Spring Academy
- Pay zone: Main/Upper Pay Range (MPR/UPR)
- Contractual type: Full time - permanent
The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Coppice Spring Academy is a social, emotional and mental health school which offers full time education and therapeutic support to 70 children aged 11 to 16 years old. Pupils will be referred to the school by the local authority as part of their duties to arrange SEN provision.
You will be a passionate teacher to engage students in English; not just to pass an exam, but to be able to complete day to day activities that involve English to a high standard.
Our students often require support to build trusting relationships with professionals and you will have high expectations and a belief that they can succeed. You will help raise the academic profile of The Coppice Spring Academy.
There is a leadership position available for the right candidate. Pre-visits/phone calls are encouraged.
Your day-to-day activities will be:
- Following the agreed syllabus, developing and updating the topics/subjects schemes of work
- Ensuring that the teaching area is organized appropriately to provide a safe, tidy, pleasant and stimulating environment.
- Planning and delivering an appropriate curriculum based on individual needs having due regard to pupil entitlement.
- Being flexible in providing an appropriate teaching programme for a range of pupils.
- Liaising with a range of agencies for example schools, Educational Psychology Service, the Locality team, as directed by the appropriate line manager.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with families/carers.
- Maintaining records on the progress of individual pupils, preparing reports, and IEP’s to participate in reviews where necessary.
Qualified Teacher Status is essential
Experience and Knowledge
- Specialist SEN training (Desirable)
- Writing and implementing effective behaviour targets for pupils
- Experience Teaching pupils with SEMH/ASC profile is desirable
- Current knowledge of National Curriculum in specialist subject(s)
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people clear strategies for working with challenging pupils
- Ability to work constructively with pupils with complex needs
Salary: MPR / UPR + SEN - TLR2 available for the right candidate
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: September 2021 or earlier if possible subject to clearances
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Working Conditions include:
- Working with children 11 – 16 years old
- Children with special needs and/or who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- Verbal abuse and/or aggression
- Physical Behaviour Management Techniques
- Lone Working