Case Support Worker - CRE
- Mercian Cl, Ilkeston DE7 8HG, UK
- Service type: Missing from home or care and child sexual exploitation
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade D
- Department: Young People & Families
- Pay zone: Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Full time - permanent
At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 64,000 individuals from cradle to career.
The Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and Children at Risk of Exploitation (CRE) service will identify, support and educate those children at risk of sexual exploitation and exploitative behaviours and provide intensive support to those who have suffered exploitation before, during and after a court trial.
You will work as part of Catch22’s CSE/CRE team with the overarching aim to protect and support children and young people involved in, or at risk of, sexual / exploitative behaviours. This will include the delivery of targeted and direct support to children and young people at medium and high risk of exploitation as identified by Derby City Council, Derbyshire County Council and Derbyshire Constabulary.
The role will also include the provision of training, group work and awareness raising sessions to communities and the workforce across the City and County regions.
Main duties include:
- Undertaking one to one work with children and young people vulnerable to CSE/CE to inform a risk reduction plan.
- Working in partnership with Children’s Social Care to facilitate support where CE is highlighted as a risk.
- Offering Educational awareness raising within local authority Inc. placement providers, education, parents and young people and co facilitating CE Awareness Training in partnership with LSCB.
- Identifying and supporting access to additional or specialist services for young people and parents where necessary.
- Undertaking regular outreach support to young people to engage with those who are under the radar of services.
- In cases of Police investigation, giving additional support to young victims to make sure their voices and views are heard, and that they are supported and protected pre, during and post a court case.
Essential: Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, grade “C” or above
Desirable: Relevant professional qualification in Youth/community work, Social Care, Health or Education
You will have:
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle with business use.
- Experience of working directly with young people on level 2- 4 on the continuum of need presenting a variety of support needs
- Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating support activities for and with young people and their carers
- Experience of working in partnership with a variety of agencies to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Experience and understanding of Child Protection including Safeguarding processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of services in Derby City/Council regions relating to CRE
Contract: Permanent, full- time - 37 hours per week, inclusive of evenings and weekends where necessary.
Salary: £22500 per annum (Zone 3 Grade D)
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and level 3 Police vetting
This post will involve travel, and occasional evening and weekend working.