Reparation Officer (Sessional)
- Constantine Rd, Ipswich, UK
- Service type: Family Support
- Pay scale: Sessional Grade C, Zone 3
- Department: Young People & Families
- Pay zone: Sessional Zone 3 - Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Sessional
Catch22 Reparation Officers work in partnership with Suffolk Youth Justice Service supervising and working alongside young offenders in their local communities.
- Working with victims, young offenders and their families facilitating direct and in direct reparation as required.
- The ability to build effective relationships, be non-judgemental, and empathic. Confident in setting boundaries with young people
- Identify and arrange appropriate opportunities for community reparation that are suitable for young people aged 10-18 when reparation direct to the victim is not possible.
- To undertake assessments and supervision of young offenders carrying out reparation.
- Undertake regular Health and Safety risk assessments of reparation sites and monitor the quality of the individual placements by undertaking site visits and carry out exit interviews with young people.
- Taking all necessary measures to ensure safety of young people and volunteers involved in the service.
- Ensure effective, timely and efficient record keeping.
- To liaise with Suffolk Youth Justice Service.
- Communicate effectively with all service users, colleagues, professionals and visitors to the project.
- To attend regular supervision sessions with the area service coordinator.
- Participate in required training
- To assist in the development of volunteers advising on Catch22's practices, processes and procedures.
- Preparing reports and case studies as requested.
- Providing cover for the team due to sickness, annual leave etc. or for other members of the locality team where possible.
- Attend Catch22 and service training events as required.
- Undertake other activities as specified by the project coordinator.
- Any relevant qualifications i.e GCSE, A-Level, B-TEC, NVQ, youth work
- Full driving license required
- First Aid certificate
- Health and Safety training
As a sessional reparation officer, you maybe working indoors or outdoors on a variety of activities from leaflet dropping to gardening. You don't need to be a skilled tradesman, but you do need a positive attitude to work and be prepared to 'muck in'.
The role is variable hours including weekends.