Commercial Property Manager
- Orlando, FL
We are the healthcare real estate experts.
Founders and key leaders of Catalyst HRE have experience in healthcare administration, healthcare real estate brokerage & development, and healthcare facility & property services. We came together with the understanding that healthcare is facing unprecedented change and must embrace the world of operating efficiencies. It is with that mindset that we created a carefully selected and integrated suite of services that would allow healthcare administrators and providers the ability to focus on their core competencies and leave the rest to us.
The Property Manager position supports and assists in the management of commercial real estate in accordance with Management Agreements and Owner requirements. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including tenant relations, vendor relations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Property Manager handles tenant concerns and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property.
Location: Greater Orlando Area
Position Type: Full-Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics: The following attributes are desirable for job success:
• exceptional communication and organizational skills;
• detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers;
• customer service experience
• ability to work under pressure;
• self- motivated and self-directed;
• ability to assert oneself;
• exemplary time management skills; and
• ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
• Provide excellent tenant service. Acts as the first point of contact for tenant service calls, requests and issues. Respond to tenant requests/concerns in a timely and courteous manner, and manage work orders directed to vendors or facilities staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
• Oversee day-to-day operation of the properties in accordance with policies/procedures, management agreements, and client needs. Act as the primary liaison between tenants and Owner.
• Responsible for obtaining and filing tenant and vendor insurance certificates, maintaining tenant contact list, emergency contact lists, and maintaining other records and files pertinent to tenants and vendors. Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs as necessary.
• Ensure that tenant and vendor Certificates of Insurance are valid, all additional insured entities are correct as well as coverage types and amounts as specified in lease, contract documents or Owner requirements.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
• Solicit specifications and proposals for minor and major improvements based on the budget schedule. Generate and track Purchase Orders, approvals and service contracts.
• Manage property’s cash flow relative to income and expenses including budget preparation and implementation, monthly forecasting and analyzing budget variances.
• Review and approve all invoices to see that they are correct, service or product was received and satisfactory. Administer prompt payment to vendors or contractors for products or services rendered. Research all problem invoices and provide an expeditious solution.
• Work with Director of Property Management to identify, evaluate and implement capital and operating projects for the properties as they are planned. Recommend and implement improvements to increase value by reducing expenses and/or increasing income.
• 5 years’ industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University
• Position requires travel on a regular basis around Central Florida, Ocala, and Jacksonville for onsite visits, building inspections, and tenant relations. Occasional overnight travel will be necessary.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
• Understanding of general accounting and financing, and familiarity with Building Engines and YARDI, is a plus. Working knowledge of account payables, receivables, budgets, and expenditure control is also desired.
• Ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines and adhering to changing priorities.
• Excellent people skills. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
• Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Proactive, initiate follow-through.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
It is very important that the successful candidate fit into the Catalyst HRE culture. The company’s values focus on results, creativity, honesty/candor, and strong teamwork. There is a great passion for the work we do.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.