Vice President, Portfolio Management
- 41 N Jefferson St, Pensacola, FL 32502, USA
We are the healthcare real estate experts. Founders and key leaders of Catalyst Healthcare Real Estate have experience in healthcare administration, healthcare real estate brokerage & development, and healthcare facility & property services. We came together with the understanding that healthcare is facing unprecedented change and must embrace the world of operating efficiencies. It is with that mindset that we created a carefully selected and integrated suite of services that would allow healthcare administrators and providers the ability to focus on their core competencies and leave the rest to us.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics: The following attributes are desirable for job success:
• good communication and organizational skills;
• ability to identify issues and facilitate appropriate action plans;
• ability to work under pressure;
• self- motivated and self-directed;
• organized and efficient; and
• ability to work cross-functionally within the Catalyst platform.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Property Management business:
- Ensure the highest standards of tenant and client experiences throughout our portfolio
- Ensure the highest possible standard of building conditions and facilities management
- Ensure that repairs at all facilities are carried out rapidly, courteously and to the highest standards possible
- Ensure a system for emergency maintenance and repairs, with a strong focus on safety
- Act as the main contact for all third-party property managers
- Work jointly with the company’s leadership to set the vision, develop best practices and procedures, author corporate handbooks and training manuals. Evaluate and recommend improvements in and implement internal systems to improve efficiency, improve customer service, and provide staff with the training and tools necessary to accomplish their jobs.
- Provide leadership and direction for all Property Management professionals. Interview, hire, manage, retain, train and grow new team members.
- Manage the annual budget process, oversee and manage property management business P&L to meet performance goals.
- Assist in due diligence and underwriting of potential new acquisitions.
- Develop and foster relationships with key clients, industry and trade associations, customer groups and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the portfolio
- Assist/Create strategic objectives for each property consistent with the investment strategy.
- Executes strategic plans and monitors variances in the projected performance in terms of projected returns, risk profile and operating issues throughout each property’s hold period.
- Maintains a financial model for each property to project returns and to be used for quarterly valuations.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of annual property budgets, forecasts and re-forecasts, CapEx and leasing analysis
- Manages/Monitors leasing effort at each property and will establish/approve lease terms and where necessary may be involved with negotiating LOIs, lease review or lease negotiation. Oversight of third-party leasing agents.
- Schedule regular meetings with appropriate levels of Tenant management/operator
- Travel to properties on a periodic basis
- Complete site visit reports providing intelligence on tenant operations and credit, market conditions and comps, and building condition and maintenance
- Develop credit monitoring procedures and reports with the Senior Vice President
- Engage outside brokers to develop market comps and statistics
- Other duties related to overall value enhancement and risk mitigation
- Any other duties as assigned per manager
- 7+ years’ industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business related or another applicable field
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to multi‐task while meeting multiple deadlines
- Excellent people skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with tenants, peers, managers and clients
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive, initiate follow‐through
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
It is very important that the successful candidate fit into the Catalyst Healthcare Real Estate culture. The company’s values focus on results, creativity, honesty/candor, and strong teamwork. There is a great passion for the work we do.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*Application Instructions: To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter in pdf format