Facilities Maintenance Technician
- 41 N Jefferson St, Pensacola, FL 32502, USA
We are the healthcare real estate experts.
Founders and key leaders of Catalyst Healthcare Real Estate have experience in healthcare administration, healthcare real estate brokerage & development, and healthcare facility & property services. We came together with the understanding that healthcare is facing unprecedented change and must embrace the world of operating efficiencies. It is with that mindset that we created a carefully selected and integrated suite of services that would allow healthcare administrators and providers the ability to focus on their core competencies and leave the rest to us.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations
- HVAC skills, including performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, replacing various components, compressors, motors and repairing refrigerant leaks
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Report and communicate daily all work activity via a Tablet
- Assess and diagnose required repairs, both for estimated cost and escalation to vendor
- Procure materials/parts in a timely manner to meet client service level completion times/dates
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the completion of services
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
- Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance always
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Universal CFC is required
- Other duties as requested
- 2-3 years’ general maintenance industry experience/or equivalent + 1 year of commercial HVAC experience on Roof Top Units (RTU) or any similar combination of technical education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer and/or Tablet for work order application, and basic email skills.
- Ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines and adhering to changing priorities.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive, initiate follow-through.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
It is very important that the successful candidate fit into the Catalyst Healthcare Real Estate culture. The company’s values focus on results, creativity, honesty/candor, and strong teamwork. There is a great passion for the work we do.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
*Application Instructions: To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter in pdf format