Linux Solutions Engineer - USA Remote
- 50 Tice Blvd, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Catalogic Software, Inc. provides data management software that helps data centers and organizations to catalog, protect, and manage their data. It offers Copy Data Management (CDM), an IT solution to manage the creation, use, distribution, retention, and clean-up of copies of production data/copy data on enterprise storage systems. The company also provides an intelligent data protection software for backup, rapid recovery, cloud integration, tape or tape replacement, bare metal recovery, and remote office backup applications. Catalogic Software, Inc. was founded in 2013 and is based in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. It has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Poland; and support centers in the United States and the Netherlands.
Reporting To: Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineering and Services
Catalogic Software, the market leader in Software Defined Copy Data Management and Data Protection Solutions. Catalogic employs a smart group of seasoned professionals who recognize the benefits of working alongside young talent in a growing, thriving tech company. We’re a group of highly motivated, goal-oriented, and collaborative storage professionals – and our company is committed to the growth, development and success of each and every one of our colleagues.
- Implementations and upgrades; completing enterprise client roll outs across complex and heterogeneous network, including multi-site environments
- Providing consulting services, as well as pre- and post-sales implementation and management support to Catalogic’s customers and OEM partners
- Hands-on product training, and discussions regarding best practices for Copy Data Management, Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
- Assist customers with Proof of Concepts, as well as other related consulting services (such as scripting)
- Providing on-site and remote assistance to the Support and Sales Engineering organizations as necessary
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology disciplines. (Candidates with other degrees will be considered if they are able to demonstrate sufficient technical proficiency and expertise.)
- 3.3 GPA or higher
- Independent self-starter with strong problem solving skills. Excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills are required
- 2-3 years of practical, hands-on work experience in IT or Sysadmin role is preferred.
- Strong Linux/Unix background preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language - Python or PowerShell preferred.
An ideal candidate will meet the above requirements and posses some level of experience with some of the following technologies:
- Understanding of REST, JSON & web services
- Enterprise backup, or storage(NetApp, IBM Storage, HPE etc.)
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes AWS EC2 etc.)
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), SCSI interfaces, storage devices
- Networking technologies (LAN, WAN, Ethernet, IP, etc.)
Location is flexible within USA. Under normal circumstances, Job requires about 30% Travel, with seasonal peaks and troughs.