GoLang Kubernetes Developer
- Jijau Masaheb Marg, Bhusari Colony, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Catalogic Software is a leading software provider in the Data Protection space helping organizations worldwide with cataloging, protecting, and managing their data. We are committed to delivering the industry's most intelligent Copy Data Management and Data Protection solutions.
This job description covers a SaaS Data Protection product. See the link above for high-level details on Catalogic as a company and its product portfolio.
- This is a mid-level to a senior level position.
- Drive innovation by designing new features
- Identify improvements in existing architecture and code to continuously refactor and evolve the products
- Work in a fast-moving and forward-thinking development environment that is constantly researching and implementing the latest technologies
- Research and implement the open source frameworks and architectures
- Work closely with fellow developers and end users to rapidly produce critical features
- GoLang programming related must-have qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Goroutine, Channel patterns and implementation of General Design patterns/anti-paterns in Go.
- Dependency management tools such as Go mod
- Development expertise in building and consuming web services using REST/JSON/Arvo/gRPC/Protobuf
- Experience writing Unit tests and ability to debug programs in Go
- Some experience building applications running in Kubernetes environment.
- Systems Programming on Linux
- Experience writing robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Some experience writing code that scales well on distributed systems
- Some exposure to microservices
Nice to have:
- Scale out storage
- Object Storage
- Data processing pipelines that manage petabytes of data
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Server and Storage virtualization and Containers
- REST API
- Kubernetes backup/restore: Restic, Kopia, Velero, Kasten
- Personal open source projects to showcase your passion and skills
What tools we use:
- JIRA for Scrum
- GitLab for code Versioning and Code Reviews (PRs and GitFlow)
- Confluence for documentation
- Jenkins for builds and CI/CD
- AWS for our Cloud Infrastructure
What we are offering:
- Work with the latest technologies on an enterprise product
- Support and mentorship of more experienced developer (with 10+ years of experience with backend development)
- Opportunity to follow multiple career paths in future in our organization
- Flexible work hours