Solutions Engineer - US-Based
- Garden State Pkwy, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Catalogic Software, Inc. provides data management software that helps data centers and organizations to catalog, protect, and manage their data. It offers Copy Data Management (CDM), an IT solution to manage the creation, use, distribution, retention, and clean-up of copies of production data/copy data on enterprise storage systems. The company also provides an intelligent data protection software for backup, rapid recovery, cloud integration, tape or tape replacement, bare metal recovery, and remote office backup applications. Catalogic Software, Inc. was founded in 2013 and is based in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. It has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Singapore; and support centers in the United States and the Netherlands.
Reporting To: Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineering and Services
Catalogic Software, the market leader in Software Defined Copy Data Management and Data Protection Solutions. Catalogic employs a smart group of seasoned professionals who recognize the benefits of working alongside young talent in a growing, thriving tech company. We’re a group of highly motivated, goal-oriented, and collaborative storage professionals – and our company is committed to the growth, development and success of each and every one of our colleagues. We are open to hiring a remote Solutions Engineer on the West coast.
· This position supports Catalogic’s Copy Data Management and Data Protection products. The key responsibilities of the Associate Solutions Engineer include:
· Executing Copy Data Management and Data Protection products through implementations and upgrades; completing enterprise client roll outs across complex and heterogeneous network, including multi-site environments
· Providing consulting services, as well as pre- and post-sale implementation and management support to Catalogic’s customers and OEM partners
· Hands-on product training, and discussions regarding best practices for Copy Data Management, Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
· Assist customers with planning and testing projects, Proof of Concepts, as well as other related consulting services (such as scripting)
· Providing on-site and remote assistance to the Support and Sales Engineering organizations as necessary
Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology disciplines. (Candidates with other degrees will be considered if they are able to demonstrate sufficient technical proficiency and expertise.)
3.3 GPA or higher
Advanced degree preferred, but not required
3+ years of practical, hands-on work experience in information technology
The candidate should have prior experience in a customer facing role within a technical services organization, and must be an independent self-starter with strong problem solving skills. Excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills are required.
An ideal candidate will meet the above requirements and posses some level of experience with some of the following technologies:
· Enterprise data protection, backup, or other storage management software
· Windows, Linux or UNIX operating systems
· Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, XEN)
· Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), SCSI interfaces, storage devices
- Programming skills in either Java, Node.JS, Python, Angular
- Understanding of REST & web services
· Networking technologies (LAN, WAN, Ethernet, IP, etc.)
· The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience of presenting to audiences including partners, vendors and high level end user contacts
· Hands- on technical exposure and expertise on some of the following technologies: Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, NetApp ONTAP, IBM Spectrum Virtualize, Pure Storage, AWS, Azure and Docker.
· Understand customer requirements and environments to architect and credibly present Catalogic Solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.