QA Test Engineer
- C-3, 101, Saudamini Complex, Paud Road, Right Bhusari Colony, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Catalogic Software helps organizations worldwide catalog, protect, and manage their data. We are committed to delivering the industry's most intelligent copy data and data protection solutions.
The QA Test Engineer role fulfills the bulk of our organization’s daily Quality Assurance testing needs. This role is involved in a number of key responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Manual test execution
- Analysis of development work to perform tests centered around new features
- Analysis of customer issues to reproduce error and verify fixes for the field
- Creating & grooming of test cases and testing scenarios
- Building resources needed for QA work
- Provisioning resources for development and support work as needed
- Regularly reviewing UI and back-end function to verify product sensibility
- Researching and implementing edge cases and environmental conditions
- Researching specific technology options to help broaden test case coverage
- Developing and monitoring automation frameworks
- Polishing & packaging products and fixes for customer consumption
- Participation on Agile development teams to understand planned testing needs
- Reviewing and improving both internal and external documentation
A QA Test Engineer will generally have access to a wide range of technologies to be used in the overall manual test and test automation activities. QA engineers typically review issue management and test case systems for necessary work, perform deployments, build systems, configure storage platforms, and assess the quality/stability of software prior to release. Along the way, QA engineers are expected to explore the overall sensibility and performance of our software and escalate anything that might be confusing or complicated for our customers.
All QA engineers will be involved in manual testing efforts. Most QA engineers will be involved in provisioning resources for technical departments. Most QA engineers will be involved to review automated test results, analyze logs, and reproduce issues prior to escalation. Some QA engineers (depending on experience) will be involved in programming activities to improve, extend, and maintain our emerging QA automation systems.
We are looking for a wide range of diverse skills and experiences to broadly cover the technologies that our products interact with.
We are looking for at least 1 person on the team to be responsible for IT responsibilities as assigned by the global IT team. These activities would include local infrastructure equipment management (firewall, network, wireless, server), break/fix responsibilities on our US infrastructure, and local employee on/off boarding activities
We are looking for a mix of junior, mid, and senior level candidates with a diverse set of skills. Excellent oral and written English language skills are desired. Must be comfortable with manual hands-on testing work, test case management, issue analysis & reproduction, defect tracking & reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of technology experience, but should have specialty in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Server administration Unix, Linux, Windows server
- Storage administration experience: IBM Storwize, XIV, Pure, Netapp CDOT, Kaminario, Nimble, Dell/EMC
- Application experience: SQL server, Oracle, SAP HAHA, Cache, Exchange
- Data protection products and protocols: NDMP, tape library, Cloud integration
- Hypervisor experience: VMware, Hyper-V
- Network administration: switch, firewall, router, security
- Container administration: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Podman
- Cloud administration: AWS, Azure, IBM COS, Google
- Python programming experience, REST API and Selenium web driver desired
- DevOps skills on release engineering, CI/CD, build automation, test automation
Not all of these specialties are required for all positions. In general, expertise in at least 2 and broad knowledge of other areas will be considered.
Technical aptitude is important here. We need someone who is smart, trainable, can read & follow (English language) technical documentation, and perform technical tasks including but not limited to: working with hardware, configuring storage, loading operating systems, interacting with software and web based applications, and running through complex test scenarios using our software.
Soft skills are important here. We desire coachable, positive-minded people. Critical thinkers that can try & suggest new methods of test management. Being detail oriented is very important. We need team players that can collaborate across teams and also work independently when needed. Customer interaction may be required at times.
Other non-technical tasks would include but not limited to: managing test cases, producing reports, reviewing customer issues, analyzing bug reports, constructing new test cases & plans, writing documentation, assisting with distributing software assets to partners & customers.
Additional duties: At least 1 candidate would be selected to take ownership of general IT responsibilities. Desire another candidate that can analyze and improve automated build systems, improve continuous integration and delivery, streamline test automation, review and improve development & code systems.
As work in this role progresses, you will be trained and gain experience in one or more technical areas, and will have opportunity to grow into areas of interest and skill. Training on enterprise equipment and our developed software solutions will be provided as needed.
Position is offered in our Pune, India office.
What tools we use:
- JIRA for issue and project management
- GitLab for code Versioning
- Confluence for documentation
- GitLab and Jenkins for builds and CI/CD
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- AWS, COS, Azure, and other cloud providers
- Windows, Linux, UNIX
- VMware, Hyper-V
- Storage, Tape library, and physical server access as needed