Junior Python Developer
- Łopuszańska 32, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
Catalogic Software, Inc. provides data management software that helps data centers and organizations to catalog, protect, and manage their data. It offers Copy Data Management (CDM), an IT solution to manage the creation, use, distribution, retention, and clean-up of copies of production data/copy data on enterprise storage systems. The company also provides an intelligent data protection software for backup, rapid recovery, cloud integration, tape or tape replacement, bare metal recovery, and remote office backup applications. Catalogic Software, Inc. was founded in 2013 and is based in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. It has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Poland, Germany, Singapore; and support centers in the United States and the Netherlands.
We are looking for a Python Developer to work with a Quality Assurance team to participate in creating automation for test scripts and processes for modern data protection solution for virtual environments.
This role is primarly focused on developing infrastructure automation, deployment automation, test scripts and introducing test-driven development process. The candidate we will choose will be a key member of their QA & Dev team and will be not only responsible for mentoring more junior members of the team but will have the opportunity to learn new skills from senior developers.
We are looking for:
- 1+ years of experience using Python and/or experience in the use of test automation test tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Katalon etc.,
- experience in software testing and knowledge of automation methodologies,
- knowledge of best practices in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery,
- experience of working in a cloud environment would be very advantageous, but is not essential,
- strong written and verbal communication skills,
- fundamentals of Linux and bash.
Nice to have:
- understanding of agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban,
- understanding of enterprise class data protection or storage management software,
- server and storage virtualization,
- LANs/WANs, Clusters, Storage Area Networks, or storage devices (disk, tape, filers),
- familiarity with SQLAlchemy, SQL databases in general, Celery, Flask and Python test frameworks would also be a plus,
- fundamentals of Git & version control.
What tools we use:
- JIRA for Scrum
- GitLab for code Versioning and Code Reviews (PRs and GitFlow)
- Confluence for documentation
- TeamCity and Jenkins for builds and CI/CD
- SonarQube for static code Analysis
- Docker/Docker Swarm for … docking ;-)
- AWS for our Cloud Infrastructure
What we are offering:
- work with latest technologies on a enterprise product,
- opportunity to follow multiple career paths in future in our organization,
- friendly, cozy office with large parking and a lot of green around it (nice place for a barbeque, or to play ball for relax),
- remote work and flexible work hours (we're fine with breaks in the middle of the day),
- set of non-salary benefits.