Solutions Engineer Data Protection – Germany (Remote)
- Germaniastraße, München, Germany
Catalogic Software, the market leader in Software Defined Copy Data Management and Data Protection Solutions. Catalogic employs a smart group of seasoned professionals who recognize the benefits of working alongside young talent in a growing, thriving tech company. We’re a group of highly motivated, goal-oriented, and collaborative storage professionals – and our company is committed to the growth, development and success of each and every one of our colleagues.
This is a remote position and the candidate must be be located remotely in Germany. The position supports Catalogic’s Copy Data Management and Data Protection products. The key responsibilities of the Solutions Engineer include:
Executing Copy Data Management and Data Protection products through implementations and upgrades; completing enterprise client roll outs across complex and heterogeneous network, including multi-site environments
Providing consulting services, as well as pre- and post-sale implementation and management support to Catalogic’s customers and OEM partners
Hands-on product training, and discussions regarding best practices for Copy Data Management, Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
Assist customers with planning and testing projects, Proof of Concepts, as well as other related consulting services (such as scripting)
Providing on-site and remote assistance to the Support and Sales Engineering organizations as necessary
Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology disciplines. (Candidates with other degrees will be considered if they are able to demonstrate sufficient technical proficiency and expertise.)
3.3 GPA or higher
Advanced degree preferred, but not required
3+ years of practical, hands-on work experience in information technology
The candidate should have prior experience in a customer facing role within a technical services organization and must be an independent self-starter with strong problem solving skills. Excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills are required.
An ideal candidate will meet the above requirements and possess some level of experience with some of the following technologies:
· Enterprise data protection, backup, or other storage management software
· Windows, Linux or UNIX operating systems
· Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, XEN)
· Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), SCSI interfaces, storage devices
- Understanding of REST & web services
Experience in interpreted/scripting languages such as Unix shell, Windows powershell/batch processing, and/or Python
· Networking technologies (LAN, WAN, Ethernet, IP, etc.)
· The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience of presenting to audiences including partners, vendors and high level end user contacts
· Hands- on technical exposure and expertise on some of the following technologies: Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, NetApp ONTAP, IBM SVC, AWS, Azure and Docker.
· Understand customer requirements and environments to architect and credibly present Catalogic Solutions
Certifications in related technologies a plus.
MUST be fluent in English and German
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.