- Arlington, VA
Casal's at Clarendon is a full service Salon and Spa specializing in advanced Hair Color and Cutting
techniques. We strive to create a relaxing and calm spa environment. Our non-tipping salon/spa offers
complimentary value-added services that sets us apart. We will be honored with your visit, and promise
you an experience equal to the Casal/Aveda mission.
- Assists in the formulation of color and other chemical treatments as directed by the stylists, and applies product on the client.
- Manages the timing of processing stages to ensure proper application and to assist maintaining timeliness for the client.
- Ensures the readiness of the stylists’ work areas after each client , including the clearing of hair from the floor, removal of used materials and tools, and resetting of the station.
- Assists in the Finishing process with each client, including explanation of the retail product benefits if the stylist does not have time to do so.
- Participate in additional 3 hour technical skills training every week with Artistic Director or assigned mentor Stylist.
- Assists salon administration, as necessary, in answering phones and greeting customers should the receptionist step away.
Experience & Skills Requirement:
- Graduate of Beauty Academy
- Successful demonstration (in-salon ) of shampooing, conditioning and color applications, and perm roller insertions.
- Demonstration of ability to communicate effectively with clients and with the salon staff.
- Self-starter with clear commitment to personal growth including participation in on-going education.
- Professional presentation and commitment to personal grooming consistent with vision of the Salon and our clients.
- Ability to train others as potential replacement in order to advance as a stylist
- Completion of Level 1 Apprenticeship
- Minimum of 3 months as full-time Technical Assistant ( Level 2 ) to two or more Designers/Stylists.
- Development of initial client base with targeted promotional program for dedicated 1 day/week client work under guidance of salon’s Artistic Director ; planned for 6 th month
- Attendance at a minimum of 2 industry/supplier training programs covering client consultation process, cutting techniques, and color formulation
- Advancement to Level 3 Assistant based on performance and readiness evaluation
- Expansion to 4 days/week client work with promotional program for clients at Level 3 price structure. Acts as Level 2 Assistant on Saturdays and shadows/mentors other Level 2 Assistants.
- Junior Stylist with initial focus on male clients and teenagers by 12th month subject to performance/readiness.
- Structure Analysis and Design - Architectural evaluation of client’s face and hair, and design creation to best support client’s goal.
Hair Cutting Skills
- Graduated Bob & Undercutting
- Convex & Concave Cutting
- Texturizing - Shears/ Razor & Recommendation of Chemicals to achieve Texture
- Fringing and Feathering
- Color Skills
- Understanding client’s objectives
- Hair Analysis - Pre-treatment & Selection of Wrapping Method
- Application of Rods - Rinsing/Timing/Blotting & Manipulation of Curl through Neutralization
- Applications Techniques to Ensure Client Comfort
- Finishing Skills
- Recommending and Applying a Finishing Product
- Blow-drying and Styling - Time Efficiency Volume Building& Smoothing
- Retail Product Recommendation
- Client Education to Maintain Desired Look
- Accountability - Accepts ownership and responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Professional Image - Maintains personal grooming and dress consistent with professional level of clientele.
- Productivity and Quality - Meets productivity requirements and is committed to and produces quality work.
- Inquisitive and Quick Study - Curious, seeks a variety of experiences and easily learns new things.
- Listening - Listens accurately and sincerely to others, especially customers, other associates and management
- Verbal - Can easily articulate thoughts and feelings, and shares enthusiastically with customers.
- Customer Focus - Maintains a high level of attention to the needs of both external and internal customers.
- Punctuality/Timeliness - Arrives before time in order to be fully prepared for clients, and responds in a timely manner.
- Setting and Achieving Goals - Able to formulate personal goals, and maintains top priority on obtaining results.
- Teamwork - Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal or objective.