Associate Building Engineer
- 901 N Pitt St, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
Carr Workplaces provides the space, tools, connectivity and community to help your business thrive. From start-ups to fast growing companies, we’re in your corner. We've got supportive staff, flexible options on ways to work, nationwide locations, and a vibrant community that loves to collaborate. We’re here to do whatever it takes to get to the next level.
Interested in working for Carr Workplaces? We provide a vibrant, progressive and entrepreneurial community to our clients. This type of atmosphere starts with our people. We have the perfect blend of professionalism and character to build the most collaborative and energetic community possible. If you’re an energetic, social-minded team player, we want to hear from you.
Job Purpose:The Associate Building Engineer will perform all duties, working under the Senior Building Engineer to monitor building systems operations and performance and ensure the building and/or portfolio of buildings are maintained at the highest standards as required while maintaining state and city code compliance. They will assist with engineering operations and will work with the Senior Building Engineer to direct vendors and subcontractors as needed. They will utilize their skills to assist with preventive maintenance and corrective repair of the buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Trade skills to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Proactive and positive demeanor with a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Monitors performance measurement and management review process, as applicable.
· Administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
· Set challenging goals, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them and holding yourself accountable for achieving results.
· Assists with work orders and/or arranges for subcontractors as directed.
· Assists Property Management and Senior Engineer with tenants preventive maintenance requests as needed for their suite.
· Assists with monitoring building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions.
· Responds quickly to emergency situations, assisting Property Management team and Senior Building Engineer as needed.
· Collaborate with Property Management Team to address customer relationships/retention.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate solutions effectively at a high level.
· Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills.
· Strong time and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to think differently. Ability to apply innovation and creative thinking to create something valuable for our customers.
· Ability to execute data and information collection efforts; creatively sourcing the data and information when required.
· Proficient at working on multiple projects at once with shifting priorities.
· Resilient in the face of constraints, frustrations or adversity.
· Provides reliable follow-up and consistently meets deadlines.
· Demonstrates attention to detail.
· 3+ years relevant experience in modern office building. Strong “hands on” troubleshooting skills in HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
· Two year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems preferred.
At Carr Workplaces, we value our employees and believe in everyone’s own personal success. We offer a top of the line benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a steady schedule — Core business hours are 8:00am-5:30pm M-F, and a chance to grow within an organization that truly values its employees.