- Mutare, Masvingo, Mutare, Masvingo, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. Currently, an estimated 5.8 million people are facing severe food insecurity in Zimbabwe as a result of the human-made climate crisis.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
To provide IT and administrative support to the sub offices
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Provides software/hardware and system troubleshooting support, configuration, deployment and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment
• Manages the installation and upgrade process of computer hardware and software as per organizational guidelines and industry best practice
• Proactively monitors the network ensuring downtimes are identified and resolved with little to no impact to the business
• Offers first line support by troubleshooting, cable, wireless and other network infrastructure as needed, escalating for second and third line of support with the CARE helpdesk if additional support is required
• Co-ordinates a quarterly service and maintenance of all IT equipment; Liaises with the relevant department to ensure identified hardware faults are fully resolved/repaired in a timely manner.
• Maintains an inventory of IT equipment/asset register
• Receives and analyses utility bills from service providers and raises payment requests for processing by finance team
• Engages service providers for repairs and maintenance of office equipment and assets such as generators, buildings & furniture
• Keeps and updates a database of service providers such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry and cleaning to ensure efficient delivery of service
• Tracks leases for the Sub office and ensures all leases are valid and renewed on time Lease tracker updated on monthly basis
• Follows up with landlords to ensure timely invoicing of rentals
• Monitors repairs and maintenance of sub office properties are carried out as and when the need arises
• Carries out pre and post inspections of the sub office properties and takes appropriate action
• Maintains asset register for the sub office and updates on quarterly basis Inspection reports
• Arranges for transport and logistics for the Country Office as relevant
• Maintains a database of all contractual agreements and keeps a file of all original Agreements.
• Trains staff, or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding and compliance of Admin rules and regulations.
• Prepares and controls budget for Sub office consumables.
• HND in information systems/computer science or equivalent. A qualification in Business Studies/Administration is an added advantage
• 3-4 years working experience in IT administration and support or related field
• Good organization, time management and scheduling skills.
• Experiencing using office management software, including word processing software and spreadsheet