- Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliation statements, capturing data in SCALA for all payment requests, filing of payment vouchers, district petty cash counts as well as cash flow management through daily reconciliation of all CARE bank accounts.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Checks bank statements daily for cash adequacy for the Country Office operations and prepares cash calls depending on cash levels.
• Prepares payments making sure all required documents are attached to facilitate payments.
• Makes cash deposits, withdrawals and bank transfers based on approved requests.
• Receives and records transactions into the financial system.
• Manages petty cash in order to cates for the daily running of the organization.
• Manages cash register to keep records of transactions to ensure for a proper audit trail.
• Reconciles Creditors’ accounts
• Delivers payments to the payee and files proof of payment sequentially.
• Compiles allocated sub- ledger reports before the set monthly deadlines.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for safe cash accounts and CARE Bank Accounts
• Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in Accounting/Finance or any other relevant field in a high volume environment
• High level of competence in accounting procedures and non-profit accounting Knowledge of SCALA 5.1 or any related accounting packages
• Proficiency in MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate independently and also as part of a team