Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Intern
- Zvishavane, Zvishavane, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the positions posted below, which will be filled upon confirmation of funding availability for the project .
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of project M&E activities and assist in regular monitoring of the project deliverable and processes
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Assists in data collection for project activities.
• Assists in the development of the District M&E activity plans
• Assists in model household sentinel monitoring
• Conducts data capturing of project registers and related documents
• Assists in data quality assessments and provides feedback to the M&E Assistant
• Assists in compiling survey data and submits to the M&E Assistant
• Assists in the collection and capturing of success stories and submits to M&E Assistant
• Files and archives project documents as per project requirements
• Degree/Diploma in Monitoring & Evaluation/Social Sciences/Development studies/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent
• 1year work related learning experience
• Previous exposure to monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage
• Excellent written communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional planning and organizing skills.