Inventory Control Pharmacy Technician
- 330 S 9th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203, USA
Care Capital Management (CCM) was founded in 1971 and now owns and operates 18 Medicine Shoppe stores in Pennsylvania and New York. We still believe that our customer is the most important person at our pharmacy. What makes us special is that we focus our attention and efforts on delivering personal retail service, long-term care, and institutionalized pharmacy. To learn more, visit our website at www.CareCapitalManagement.com.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life, disability, paid time off, paid holiday for eligible employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy announces an immediate opening for a caring and compassionate full-time Inventory Control Technician at our long-term care store in Pittsburgh, PA (south side).
Job Opening: Inventory Control Technician
Location: 330 South 9th Street, Pittsburgh, PA
Work Schedule: Variable 40 hours per week, consisting primarily of weekday daytime shifts
As an Inventory Control Technician you will be responsible for assisting with the management of the drug and supply inventory for the pharmacy, including inventory turns and insuring an appropriate in-stock status for all items in the pharmacy. This includes but is not limited to: purchasing medications and pharmacy supplies monitoring inventory levels, rotating stock, and effectively utilizing return process to ensure proper credit is received from drug wholesaler. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Place orders through wholesaler for medications and supplies, follow-up on discrepancies, maintain in-date stock through monthly outdate checks, compile and maintain overstock lists and communicate with Supervisor and/or staff in timely manner regarding all stock-outs and backorders.
- Evaluates and maintains inventory levels, making adjustments to ensure sufficient supply meets customers’ needs while maintaining targeted inventory turns. Utilizes system reports and knowledge of department activities to maintain accurate inventory levels. Facilitates excess inventory reduction by returning excess products to vendors.
- Process incoming inventory orders and supplies, verifying correct quantities are received into inventory records, stocking shelves and price labeling as directed
- Assists in performing routine inventory audit counts and appropriate documentation
- Maintains updated and accurate database for drug costs (and NDCs)
- Facilitates proper destruction of unused medication on hand through contracted vendor.
- Ensures staff is promptly informed of new products and products shortages/recalls. Ensures that recalled/withdrawn products are promptly removed from circulation in the facility and handled as recommended by Manufacturer/FDA.
- Provides necessary education to pharmacy staff on basic inventory management principles and ordering procedures.
If you possess the following skills and experience and share our commitment to service, we invite you to apply by contacting us today:
- Requires at least 2 years of experience as a pharmacy technician, preferably with direct responsibility for inventory management
- Certification as a pharmacy technician a plus, but not required
- Must be able to stand for periods of 8 to 12 hours
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and handle other computer components
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Because our customers are our first priority, we seek candidates who demonstrate exceptional integrity, care, compassion, empathy, and commitment in their work.
Prior to beginning work, successful applicants must complete a background check consisting of criminal records check, Medicare exclusions check, employment verification, education verification, drug test, licensure/certification verification, and DMV motor vehicle record check, as applicable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.