Senior Software Engineer
- #242, Soni House, 4th Floor, Cambridge Road, Halasuru, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Building the future of meat and seafood supply chain.
We at Captain Fresh, are building smart supply chain to deliver the highest quality seafood and meat for the Indian consumer. Our innovations in process management and workforce orchestration along with strong industry credentials are enabling us to deliver the fastest harvest-to-fork in the industry.
Our endeavor is to leverage experience across various parts of the value chain – farming, production, delivery to marquee brands – to deliver similar value to the Indian consumers.
As a senior software engineer, you will contribute to our end to end supply chain platform. You'll work with all key stakeholders to deliver scalable, maintainable backend code and work with frontend developers to deliver amazing user experiences. We are building a design and process-centric culture where you'll play a key role in the implementation of the foundation of all our systems. Up for a challenge?
- A self-starter with a sense of what it takes to be successful as a team
- Agile - welcome change, do as less as possible and embrace continuous delivery
- Conscious about how quality is carried through from the UI to all layers underneath
- Opinionated, but flexible to accommodate the big picture
- Analyse requirements, provide estimates and deliver code in an agile setup
- Stay on top of all owned work and raise red flags as early as possible
- Define the architecture, best practices and coding standards
- Support continuous technical improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and present them for architectural review
- Motivate team members, coach junior members and extend goodwill to other employees
- Prior startup experience, preferably with war stories to share
- 4-6 years of software industry experience
- Solid understanding of software design, development, testing, and problem-solving
- Expertise in coding efficient, high quality and modularized software
- Experience in building and scaling service-oriented architecture and microservices
- Expertise in relational and non-relational databases and expertise in at least one database system
- Experience with planning, execution and maintenance of test infrastructure for backend workflows
- Experience with CI/CD and setting up a monitoring infrastructure
- Knowledge of AWS, specifically building scalable cloud-native architectures using services like Lambda, AWS Gateway, Aurora, etc
- Knowledge of Unix shell and source control systems and tools such as git
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Technical mentoring skills
Great to have
- Experience with GraphQL, meteor.js and other modern JS ecosystems
- Experience with blockchain and interest in ML
- Experience working on high traffic systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline