NeighborHealth Center | Chief Development Officer
At NeighborHealth Center (NHC), a team of board-certified physicians and providers offer primary care services for men, women and children of all ages. Whether it’s routine medical care, help managing chronic conditions, prenatal care, or pediatric services for a child - NeighborHealth is here for you.
This model provides an innovative way for people to call NeighborHealth Center their medical home since receiving care will not be dependent upon one’s working status, lack of insurance or a co-payment. Regardless of one’s status, NHC will provide continuity of care.
Our mission is to serve Christ by loving our neighbors through excellent, compassionate and accessible healthcare.
The Position | Chief Development Officer
NeighborHealth Center (NHC) is seeking to hire a dedicated Chief Development Officer (CDO) to help set the direction and ensure the longevity of NHC. The CDO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work with the senior management team, governing board, and staff to define the organization's vision and direction. The CDO is responsible for the comprehensive planning, implementation, management and oversight of all fundraising, communications, marketing, and community relations activities. The CDO will lead a collaborative effort charged with the management of day-to-day fundraising and communications and providing a dynamic integrated program. The CDO will oversee the development staff.
The successful applicant should have proven experience as a fundraising and organizational development specialist, with several years of management experience in a non-profit organization or a similar environment, have the ability to solve complex problems, and have a passion for philanthropy.
- Plans, implements, and manages the development/communications/marketing program designed to meet the goals and objectives as defined by the strategic plan.
- Works with the CEO, board of directors, and volunteer committees to plan, execute and facilitate fundraising and communications strategies.
- Serves as the primary staff liaison with the board committees and volunteer fundraising committees and as a resource to the CEO and board of directors on all matters related to fundraising and communications.
- Partners with CEO, board members, and volunteers to identify, cultivate and solicit potential significant donors to help meet funding goals for NHC.
- Creates the annual department budget and long-term strategic development and communication plans.
- Establishes and implements an annual calendar of fundraising and communications activities.
- Directs the writing of funding proposals, grants, direct-mail letters, the annual report, special event materials, and other fundraising support documentation.
- Oversees the stewardship, gift accounting, and reporting functions, ensuring that all donors receive personal and timely acknowledgment of their gifts. Oversees the management of the donor database.
- Oversees the incorporation of policies and procedures, mission, and vision in all development/communications plans.
- With the CEO, develops annual revenue goals and plans to diversify and increase the organizational budget through a comprehensive development strategy to include foundation and individual donors (major donors, smaller-level donors, online, etc.), as well as other appropriate sources.
- Leads and engages the senior management team in developing effective messages for new and broader donor audiences.
- Prepares development reports, including plans, accomplishments, and challenges for Executive Leadership and Board meetings.
- Oversees the development staff.
- Clearly communicate the “Mission,” ensuring everyone works toward the same goals.
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue, or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications.
- Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way.
- Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred emphasis in fundraising, marketing, public relations, or business. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ work experience demonstrating competency in comprehensive development programs, community relations, and communications/marketing.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in overseeing and leading other staff.
- Knowledge of fundraising, including development planning, annual giving and major gift cultivation and solicitation.
- Experience in grant research, writing, and reporting.
- Experience in various giving campaigns, including events, direct mail, social media, planned giving, and capital campaigns.
- Knowledge of communications planning, social media, and public relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of budget development, administration, and staff management.
- Computer skills preferred include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Raiser’s Edge or comparable donor database.
- Covid and flu vaccinated.
*To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the essential duties of the job.
Proposed Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 based on experience
NeighborHealth has retained Capital Development Services (CapDev) to assist with professional recruitment. Candidates should include a cover letter and a resume. All material will be kept confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to CapDev at [email protected].