Part-Time or Internship AR Specialist
- 1850 Colonial Pkwy, Norwalk, IA 50211, USA
Since 1949, Capital City Fruit has been delivering exceptional fresh produce with exceptional customer service. The mission of Capital City Fruit is to source, pack, and deliver exceptional fresh produce When you want it, Where you want it, How you want it. We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated business with professional leadership and a plan to build upon our growth of the last 70 years. Capital City Fruit was named among the 2017 Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register! Learn more about us at http://www.capitalcityfruit.com/.
Capital City Fruit has a well-regarded reputation in the industry (Business Character Award from Red Book, an industry credit rating publication). Company Culture is a unique combination of a small family business and a professionally run corporation.
The Part-Time Accounts Receivable Specialist will generate, verify and send invoices from customer sales orders, process payments for the orders, as well as assist the Finance department with other accounting related duties. This position would be great for someone looking for part time hours or for a college student looking for a paid internship!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verify and print customer invoices from customer sales orders in accounting software daily
- Submit customer invoices through customer Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems for payment
- Sort, mail and / or email invoices to customers daily
- Print and mail or email bi-weekly customer accounts receivable statements
- Process proposed customer credit memos utilizing computer accounting software
- Enter cash receipts utilizing computer accounting software
- Reconcile daily cash sales batches
- Open, sort and route department mail daily; Photocopy / scan mail items as required
- Open, print and route dept invoices received via email
- Run “delivered not billed” orders report weekly
- Enter invoice volume and productivity data on Finance Department Dashboard
- Type letters and documents on official company correspondence when requested
- Respond to incoming phone calls, accurately record all messages as needed
- Must be able to work in a safe manner and follow company policies and procedures
- Perform some duties for multiple companies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1 to 3 years of billing/invoicing experience preferred and/or working toward a 2 or 4 year degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Must have basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Must be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Ability to operate phone system and efficiently route incoming calls
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity
- Must be diligent and detail oriented
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to communicate effectively via the phone
- Ability and knowledge to operate phones, scanners, copiers, computers, and other office equipment
- Knowledge and ability to implement all safety procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ability to assist in other areas as required
Ability to read, analyze, communicate and interpret effectively with Capital City Fruit staff and customers. Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office products (especially Excel and Word) and experienced in using data entry processes, both numbers and words.
Experience with time-sensitive deadlines – accuracy over speed.
Must have strong mathematics skills to assist in calculations.
Mental capabilities to learn, comprehend, and communicate both orally and in writing. Logical thinking, the ability to manage multiple tasks and common sense are also necessary to accomplish tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Anticipated hours per week: Flexible, up to 25 hours
Work week: Monday - Friday
- Occasional lifting and carrying weights ranging from zero to 25 pounds
- Minimal bending, kneeling, crouching and stooping
- Minimal standing, climbing and reaching above shoulder height
- Occasional operation of machines/equipment
- Extended sitting at desk for work on a computer
- Good vision, corrected to normal
- Good hearing, corrected to normal; or ability to communicate/understand required information and to perform job duties
- Ability to be mobile throughout required work areas within the building
- Repetitive hand movements through frequent typing and data entry
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General warehouse conditions exist. Moderate temperature conditions. Minimal exposure to cooler temperatures (38 degrees Fahrenheit). Minimal exposure to elements or chemicals. Extended hours may be required. Exposure to moving equipment/machinery. The working conditions may include moderate noise levels.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.