Part-Time Dry Ice Sanitation
- 1850 Colonial Pkwy, Norwalk, IA 50211, USA
Since 1949, Capital City Fruit has been delivering exceptional fresh produce with exceptional customer service. The mission of Capital City Fruit is to source, pack, and deliver exceptional fresh produce When you want it, Where you want it, How you want it. We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated business with professional leadership and a plan to build upon our growth of the last 70 years. Capital City Fruit was named among the 2017 Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register! Learn more about us at http://www.capitalcityfruit.com/.
We are looking to fill our Part-Time Dry Ice Sanitation position!
Anticipated Schedule: Sunday - Thursday Evenings (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
This position will operate a Dry Ice Sanitation Machine to effectively and safely clean warehouse equipment and machinery. The Dry Ice Machine is certified and recommended by the FDA to effectively remove bacteria, salmonella, and other harmful growths.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
- Safety operate Dry Ice Sanitation Machine to sanitize warehouse equipment and machinery
- Complete checklists as needed
- General janitorial duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and ability to perform general janitorial and sanitation duties
- Ability to learn how to operate Dry Ice Sanitation Machine
Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions
Ability to perform basic math calculations
Mental capabilities to learn, comprehend, and communicate both orally and in writing. Logical thinking, the ability to manage multiple tasks and common sense are also necessary to accomplish tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Anticipated hours per week: 10 (Hours are cyclical based on product demand and overtime may be required).
Work week: Sunday - Thursday
- Lifting and carrying weights ranging from zero to 50 pounds regularly
- Frequent bending, kneeling, crouching and stooping
- Frequent standing, climbing and reaching above shoulder height
- Frequent operation of equipment
- Frequent repetitive hand movements/grasping
- Good vision, corrected to normal
- Good hearing, corrected to normal; or ability to communicate/understand required information and to perform job duties
- Ability to be mobile throughout required work areas
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General warehouse conditions exist with moderate temperature conditions. Minimal exposure to cooler temperatures (38 degrees Fahrenheit). Occasional exposure to elements or chemicals. Exposure to moving equipment/machinery. The working conditions may include moderate noise levels.
The right person in this position:
- Can significantly impact the growth and development of the business
- Will be a part of a very experienced team
- Will be a part of a company that is long-standing
- Will work in a 82,000 square foot facility built in 2012
- Can work for a company that is progressive and fun
Capital City Fruit has a well-regarded reputation in the industry (Business Character Award from Red Book, an industry credit rating publication). Company Culture is a unique combination of a small family business and a professionally run corporation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.