Semi Driver - Class A CDL
- 1850 Colonial Pkwy, Norwalk, IA 50211, USA
Since 1949, Capital City Fruit has been delivering exceptional fresh produce with exceptional customer service. The mission of Capital City Fruit is to source, pack, and deliver exceptional fresh produce When you want it, Where you want it, How you want it. We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated business with professional leadership and a plan to build upon our growth of the last 65 years. Capital City Fruit was named among the 2017 Top Workplaces in Iowa by the Des Moines Register! Learn more about us at http://www.capitalcityfruit.com/.
Hours: Part-Time / Full-Time
Sign-on Bonus: $2,000!!!
Salary Range: $45,000 to $60,000/yr. depending upon experience
Area: Regional with paid layovers
Equipment: New wifi equipped trucks with E-Logs
Job Stability: The current tenure of our drivers is 7 years
Capital City Fruit Truck Drivers will transport product via standard transmission or automatic semi-truck, tractor, van, straight van and other vehicles as assigned to customers throughout Iowa and neighboring states. Additional tasks will also be given to this position as needed which provides a variety of work that is both challenging and fun!
- Comply with all state and federal motor carrier regulations
- Pre-inspection of vehicle before driving, post inspection after trip
- Maintain driver logs and vehicle inspection report.
- Possess Commercial Driver’s License (Class A)
- Submit to pre-hire drug testing and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing
- Pass pre-hire physical
- Pass qualifying road test
- Must be available as needed for driving runs - Position is a 7-day open dispatch
- Assist with loading trucks for shipment if needed
- Enter, exit and drive standard transmission semi-truck, tractor, van, straight van and other vehicles as assigned to customer receiving points
- Break down and re-palletize product at customer receiving points
- Unload returned product at Capital City Fruit warehouse if needed
- Have shipping bills signed at receiving point
- Return shipping bills to transportation manager
- Ensure cleanliness of truck cab after use
- Perform minor maintenance on vehicles
- Maintain proper fluid levels
- Sweep-out tractor and trailer
- Operate electric and manual hand jacks (following proper training and certification)
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Occupational Safety Procedure and all Food Safety guidelines related to the position or being on the Warehouse floor.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Clean safe driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
The right person in this position:
- Can significantly impact the growth and development of the business
- Will be a part of a very experienced team
- Will be a part of a company that is long-standing, healthy, and growing
- Will work in a brand new 82,000 square foot facility built in 2012
- Can work for a company that is progressive and fun
Capital City Fruit has a well-regarded reputation in the industry (Business Character Award from Red Book, an industry credit rating publication). Company Culture is a unique combination of a small family business and a professionally run corporation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.